Is there anybody out there that is happy to have diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodybuilder type1

Re: Is there anybody out there that is happy to have diabete

There is more than just black pepper and beet root that can help with diabetes, eating more protein in your diet will stop you feeling as hungry leucein is also great it's a branch chain amino acid I could be here all night advising on foods that can help nutrition is a huge part of living healthy with diabetes you can have a hba1c of 5 for the rest of your life but still be unhealthy if you don't exercise! exersise! Exersise!
:-D

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

You mean statistically insignificant, not small, right? Can you back up these other claims that help diabetes too, AMBrennan? And his other claim that diabetic women don't benefit from exercise - because they don't have big muscles - while you're at it please?

Bodybuilder type1

SamJB said:
You mean statistically insignificant, not small, right? Can you back up these other claims that help diabetes too, AMBrennan? And his other claim that diabetic women don't benefit from exercise - because they don't have big muscles - while you're at it please?

If you read what I said .i said I was just thinking that it might be easier for men I don't have proof it is easier but I was think that seing as muscle benefits diabetics and how women don't make as much as men then it might be easier for men with sugar in there blood than it is for women I'm not sure of this but I was thinking this might make sence don't you ?

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

The amount of muscle mass isn't what benefits diabetics when it comes to exercise. I stated this in a previous post.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

I don't think bodybuilder is out to do any harm. Some of what he says makes sense, some doesn't. However, this is a forum where everyone can have their say. Some will give good advice, some won't. You need to sift through all the info here and take what you need. What we shouldn't do is start attacking individual posters because we don't agree.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

SamJB said:
The amount of muscle mass isn't what benefits diabetics when it comes to exercise. I stated this in a previous post.

I dont have big muscles,but a reasonably strong female, and will have a go a most things, moving washing machines from one area to another, putting a 3 seater sofa out into the garden, digging up the whole garden :eek: . Its the overall excersise that is benefical, cycling, walking, gardening, DIY any thing like that will so much to help lower sugar levels, gets the heart pumping blood around the body, helps sleep and helps with depression. NoI dont think you need muscle mass to do all of the above things, its my sheer will and determination and not giving up that keeps me active and in control of diabetes ( though I would still rather not have it the big D :!:)

All the best RRB

Bodybuilder type1

Diabetes is a complex disease that requires knowledge, skill and motivation to control it properly. Diabetes involves managing different food sources, exercise and body systems with careful balance. People with diabetes who want to build muscle mass have special challenges, but they are strongly encouraged to work out and build their muscles, according to "The Journal of the American Dietetic Association," JADA.

JADA author Craig Williams is a pharmacist who specializes in diabetes. He reports that the use of muscles has a great deal to do with how well the body uses blood glucose. "When insulin works properly, muscle tissue is the single biggest user of glucose in your body," says Williams. When insulin doesn't work properly and doesn't get used in muscles, it begins to accumulate in your bloodstream, raising glucose levels and contributing to deterioration of multiple body systems, such as nerves, eyesight and circulation. To help control your blood sugar, muscle use and muscle health are essential to people with diabetes.

Now as you can see I got you the facts about muscle they soak up the glucose
Ie: a filtration system !

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

Not everything in life is about diabetes... We have to live... Complications can happen to people with good or bad control...... Alot of our health will also come purely from genes..
Take a look at the young women that have elected to have their breasts removed because their family history shows that they are so likely ro get breast cancer and worse... That's genes...
Not all illnesses that we diabetics may get will be from our good or bad control, a lot will be down to our genes.
We have to live and be happy with the 'lot' that we've been dealt. We got one life, and we got to make the most of it.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I'm not setting out to attack anyone, but bodybuilder is making quite a few unconventional claims, which deserve to be questioned. Bodybuilder, this pharmacist, and you, are correctly pointing out that muscles use around 70% of blood glucose and that unless you have sufficient means of removing it from the blood stream, either through exercise or insulin then you will get high sugar levels. Nothing to do with muscle mass, but the quantity or intensity of exercise.

Bodybuilder type1

SamJB said:
I'm not setting out to attack anyone, but bodybuilder is making quite a few unconventional claims, which deserve to be questioned. Bodybuilder, this pharmacist, and you, are correctly pointing out that muscles use around 70% of blood glucose and that unless you have sufficient means of removing it from the blood stream, either through exercise or insulin then you will get high sugar levels. Nothing to do with muscle mass, but the quantity or intensity of exercise.

Diabetes a concern? Maybe it’s time to start lifting those weights and incorporate more muscle-building exercises into your daily routine. Excess body weight and a lack of exercise have long been known to contribute to insulin resistance, a condition in which the body cannot properly utilize the insulin produced in the body. More specifically, recent research shows that people with lower muscle mass on their bodies have increased risk of developing insulin resistance, which put them at risk of developing diabetes. This phenomenon does make sense given the fact that the muscle plays an important role in glucose breakdown, thus affecting the body’s ability to manage blood glucose level.

In a recent study involving over 13,000 subjects, researchers examined to see if increasing muscle mass would improve glucose sensitivity, thus protecting against diabetes. Measuring multiple outcomes, researchers found that the more muscle mass individuals had, the less likely they were to suffer from insulin resistance and diabetes. There was an astonishing 63 percent decrease in diabetes prevalence from the group with the most muscle mass to the group with the least muscle mass. This effect appears to apply to both diabetic and non-diabetic individuals.
More research is needed to fully determine the exact mechanism, but in the meantime, striving to increase your muscle mass with physical activity is not a bad idea. A healthy dose of exercise already has numerous health benefits including improved heart health and mental health. Make sure you get plenty of rest in-between your strength-training exercises for maximum impact.[unquote]

Ok so

strength-training exercises for maximum impact! I say again strength-training exercises for maximum impact, not resistance training although you must incorporate the likes of running swimming or whatever but for maximum impact more muscle means better diabetes
What more can I say ?

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I think we're talking about different things here. That quote you've given is talking about whether increasing muscle mass can increase insulin sensitivity and thus prevent (type 2) diabetes. I'm arguing that it is not muscle mass, but the quantity or intensity of exercise that affects glucose levels of those already with (type 1 or type 2) diabetes.

It's the physiological effect from doing exercise (the hormones that increase cellular absorption) that effects insulin sensitivity. People with a higher muscle mass will experience this more, because they do exercise to get a higher muscle mass.

Bodybuilder type1

SamJB said:
I think we're talking about different things here. That quote you've given is talking about whether increasing muscle mass can increase insulin sensitivity and thus prevent (type 2) diabetes. I'm arguing that it is not muscle mass, but the quantity or intensity of exercise that affects glucose levels of those already with (type 1 or type 2) diabetes.

It's the physiological effect from doing exercise (the hormones that increase cellular absorption) that effects insulin sensitivity. People with a higher muscle mass will experience this more, because they do exercise to get a higher muscle mass.

Big muscle is not a result of just doing exercise building muscle is about mind to muscle connection blood flow glycogen depletion nutrition mental focus and preparation look up any natural body builder and you will see that they live like diabetics.
look I have given some valid points and showed you the evidence. I think it's fair if you teach me why I'm wrong rather than just saying im wrong just because i say so .I would rather know I am wrong so I can except it and learn so please back your statements with fact

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

People with big muscles do exercise to get big muscles. Doing exercise increases insulin sensitivity (see several posts above for the actual reason why). Nothing to do with "mind to muscle connection blood flow".

I'm not going to digress off topic any more. So let's stick to the topic and let people declare whether they are happy to have diabetes or not.

Bodybuilder type1

SamJB said:
People with big muscles do exercise to get big muscles. Doing exercise increases insulin sensitivity (see several posts above for the actual reason why). Nothing to do with "mind to muscle connection blood flow".

I'm not going to digress off topic any more. So let's stick to the topic and let people declare whether they are happy to have diabetes or not.

Do me a favor and type into google mind to muscle connection Kai green he will explain it better
And yes I am happy to have diabetes , as I have given nothing but evidence and you have not shown any fact to what you are saying. show me where it says what you are saying . Go to the American journal for diabetes and show me what you are talking about . I never asked was it possible to be happy because I AM happy to have diabetes it's great and I stated why I like it I have to like it otherwise ill be like the 99% of diabetics and hate it and I don't hate anything and I'm living a normal very healthy life and will continue to do so because I put 100%effort into learning everything I can possible learn about living healthy

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty

Agree with samJb..I believe you ARE a troll and if not you are posting to antagonise people on here at best. :evil:

kjw123

Bodybuilder type1 said:
Diabetes is a complex disease that requires knowledge, skill and motivation to control it properly. Diabetes involves managing different food sources, exercise and body systems with careful balance. People with diabetes who want to build muscle mass have special challenges, but they are strongly encouraged to work out and build their muscles, according to "The Journal of the American Dietetic Association," JADA.

JADA author Craig Williams is a pharmacist who specializes in diabetes. He reports that the use of muscles has a great deal to do with how well the body uses blood glucose. "When insulin works properly, muscle tissue is the single biggest user of glucose in your body," says Williams. When insulin doesn't work properly and doesn't get used in muscles, it begins to accumulate in your bloodstream, raising glucose levels and contributing to deterioration of multiple body systems, such as nerves, eyesight and circulation. To help control your blood sugar, muscle use and muscle health are essential to people with diabetes.

I would like to see the facts about the long term use of injecting a man made chemicaly compounded substance into the body everyday and lets not fool ourselves here modern insulin is man made and not extracted and purified like animal insulin.

Bodybuilder Type 1 you are so much involved in training and excercising and telling people what most of us all ready know. You are completely ignoring the fact that insulin dependent diabetics are pumping a man made substance into their body which is cultivated through the medium of Escherichia coli (E. Coli bacterium).
Have you ever considered for a moment that it may be the long term use of these man mad of substances that just may be the trigger for some of the problems we face and not totally down to bad blood control and poor excercise like you sugest.

Many Diabetics pumping Lantus (a man made substitute) as a background insulin complain of severe fatigue....Why?
Insulin dependent Diabetics were removed from natural insulin and placed on to man made insulin.....why? There is no evidence at all to show that it is beneficial to the insulin dependent Diabetic.

It very much benefited the pharmacutical company that came up with the idea though and they very cleverly chose to call it Human insulin to give it provenance which in actual fact there is nothing human about it apart from it being produced in a lab.

Bodybuilder type1

Tubsolard said:
Agree with samJb..I believe you ARE a troll and if not you are posting to antagonise people on here at best. :evil:

What exactly have I done that is being a troll ? Don't come on here saying your a troll back your statements up !
I rely can't understand people here surely if you are using this website you have google as well. why can't you look up what I am saying? It will take you 2 min
Ok you know what I'm not going to help anymore just because you don't believe what I am saying does not make it untrue I have given fact after fact all you people can say is, that's not true or your a troll. why can't you give uz some information on how to improve diabetes and not just the same mundane way that has quite clearly shown in people's posts that it does not work .even if sugar levels are great you can still get complications but with my way it's different the muscle will use excess glucose and my whole way of thinking . I don't care if you get every complication under the sun but I won't and all I have done is tried to help people but all people can do is abuse me

Bodybuilder type1

kjw123 said:
Bodybuilder type1 said:

I would like to see the facts about the long term use of injecting a man made chemicaly compounded substance into the body everyday 3 -4-5 times a day and lets not fool ourselves here modern insulin is man made and not extracted and purified like animal insulin. Bodybuilder Type 1 you are so much involved in training and excercising and telling people what most of us all ready know. You are completely ignoring the fact that insulin dependent diabetics are pumping a man made substance into their body which is cultivated through the medium of Escherichia coli (E. Coli bacterium). Have you ever considered for a moment that it may (no eveidence though) that the long term use or injection of these man mad of substances just may be the trigger for some of the problems we face.

Many Diabetics pumping Lantus (a man made substitute) as a background insulin complain of severe fatigue....Why?
Insulin dependent Diabetics were removed from natural insulin and placed on to man made insulin.....why? There is no evidence at all to show that it is beneficial to the insulin dependent Diabetic.

I presume we were put from a natural insulin to a chemical because it is cheaper to do so also easier to make more of and the drug companies make more money but I take lantus and I am never fatigued can you show me some fact on what you are saying please cheers

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty

Bodybuilder type1 said:
Tubsolard said:

What exactly have I done that is being a troll ? Don't come on here saying your a troll back your statements up !
I rely can't understand people here surely if you are using this website you have google as well. why can't you look up what I am saying? It will take you 2 min
Ok you know what I'm not going to help anymore just because you don't believe what I am saying does not make it untrue I have given fact after fact all you people can say is, that's not true or your a troll. why can't you give uz some information on how to improve diabetes and not just the same mundane way that has quite clearly shown in people's posts that it does not work .even if sugar levels are great you can still get complications but with my way it's different the muscle will use excess glucose and my whole way of thinking . I don't care if you get every complication under the sun but I won't and all I have done is tried to help people but all people can do is abuse me

I have excellent control these days thankyou with low carbing and maybe YOU should back up YOUR statement that with excellent control you will still get complications whereas you won't.

kjw123

Bodybuilder type1 said:
kjw123 said:
Bodybuilder type1 said:

I would like to see the facts about the long term use of injecting a man made chemicaly compounded substance into the body everyday 3 -4-5 times a day and lets not fool ourselves here modern insulin is man made and not extracted and purified like animal insulin. Bodybuilder Type 1 you are so much involved in training and excercising and telling people what most of us all ready know. You are completely ignoring the fact that insulin dependent diabetics are pumping a man made substance into their body which is cultivated through the medium of Escherichia coli (E. Coli bacterium). Have you ever considered for a moment that it may (no eveidence though) that the long term use or injection of these man mad of substances just may be the trigger for some of the problems we face.

I presume we were put from a natural insulin to a chemical because it is cheaper to do so also easier to make more of and the drug companies make more money but I take lantus and I am never fatigued can you show me some fact on what you are saying please cheers

There you go again seeing the world through your eyes only..... I'm on Lantus and I'm OK.....I can understand that mentallity though it's easy to only think in terms of oneself (and not others) when your entirely focussed on your own well being.

Check out the Type 1forum under the headings Lantus, feeling old and ill, and Bleh(and hi!).

Also read the thread Changing from Human Insulin to Animal Insulin.

I must admit I too am strarting to think you are a Troll my friend you have had your say and battered us all to death with your perfect world why not give it a rest now.

Status
Not open for further replies.