Is there anyone else with Fibromyalgia too?

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people that make me panic. Racism - in fact most 'isms'
I have fibromyalgia - which includes Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and since I started the low carb eating I feel even more tired than ever (only 2-3 days). I'm hoping it's a blip and will improve, but I wondered if anyone can give me any advice.

Thanks
Ailz

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I have fibro, and also have chronic fatigue. Very easy to over do things, but have now realised I have to pace myself better. Pain is a constant although improved with sports thereapy massage and duloxitine tablets. Brain is more functional with duloxitine than other antidpressants/tablets etc...
Some tablets I tried lowered my insulin needs very significiantly as well.
Winter feels worse to me, just having the longer days and some sunshine, helps.
It is horrible waking up still feeling as tired or worse than before I went to bed!!!!
A good GP with an interest in fibro helps alot, especially if they believe you....

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
My doctor is very good about the fibro. I was on morphine for quite a while, but he assisted me when I wanted to downgrade to dihydracodeine. He's very good at changing my tablets around for me when I find something new to try on the internet. Do you follow low carb, high carb or what to keep your blood glucose under control?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I don't especially low carb, but keep around 95g through the day as an average. Plus factor is, less carbs, less roasting potatoes etc. Can do most meals with loads of veg steamed. Just how it works out with me.

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
I'm trying to cut back on my carbs. Due to acid reflux for the least couple of years my evening meal has been rice pudding or semolina or porridge. Now, on testing, I find they cause really high spikes. That's why I joined this forum - to learn more about my diabetes. Though the Duloxetine is helping with the reflux.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I can't have any of those foods in my diet at all. My main meals will be meat + veg, or fish and veg. Followed by kiwi, apple and orange between 2 of us with a no fat strawb yogurt, or cream for carbs. This keeps me relatively healthy with all my vitamins, and realtively low-ish with the carbs. During days, I will have ryvita with various toppings. No need to snack in between. I do eat and treat if I want to, but generally don't find I want to. Breakfast might be a piece of toast or I wait till about 11 isah and have my 3 ryvita's.

madge69

is anyone on pioglitazone or similar diabetes meds? I am insulin resistant type 2 and was diagnosed with fibro after trying these meds, but after a year of suffering I discovered it was the meds causing the pain and was taken off them, my GP has logged the side affects

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My diabetes meds are novorapid and previously lantus. I initially put my feeling so bad down to statins that I was put on, but the pains, brain fogs, forgetfullness, depression etc have remained and haven't lifted at all. So much of the time, all the symptoms

Like with diabetes, there is so much speculation about causes of fibro...and like diabetes-no cure (yet). It can be truly debilitating.

janwhy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

Just joined this forum and found your thread re: fibromyalgia. I have had this for approx. 10 years plus. I take Pregabalin and paracetemol, cannot tollerate strong pain meds. I am have accupunture at the moment for bad headaches, which they are attributing to the fibro in my neck and shoulders, it has helped a little, but think the headaches may be down to the diabetes too.

Have lots of other medical problems too and take a lot of meds. Yet another one to take now for the diabetes, I take metformin 500mg x 2 daily. Had my eyes tested yesterday and need new glasses as he said the fluctuation in my suger levels was affecting my eye sight. Still not controlled yets, but only been a week on meds and trying to cut carbs. etc.,.

Janwhy

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I tried pregabalin, gabapentin, ampitryp ..the lot and had some dreadful side effects from some...the best that I am now on is 60mg duloxitine. (Just started this-was on 30mg and 25mg of ampitryp)....my brain is definitely more active and clear now than with any other drug I have been given...My pain is moderate most of the time, although I have only been on this dosage for 2 days, so am hoping it will help a bit more... the worst thing for me, is pacing myself...I went out yesterday afternoon, but am paying for it now....

My GP has been very patient with me, and last month I was able to go and see him by myself, which I have not been able to do for over 12 months as I was in too much of a state, and too confused that I alwasys had to take somebody with me, as I just couldn't explain myself well.

I have weekly sports therapy massages where my muscles all over are absolutely pummelled (first time my legs were black and blue afterwards), I now also have acupuncture once a week as well. Probably the best in my mind for a very, very long time, and my body is bearable, although when I do overdo it, I do take paracetamols.

I don't know what is the symptoms of Fibromyalgia but my sis was experiencing this kind of symptoms:
headaches, mood swing, fatigue, generalized pain - is this some sort of symptoms of fibromyalgia??

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My symptoms are:

Chronic tiredness, chronic pains (there are 18 points in body which can get these pains-for a diagnosis of fibro you would have to have pains in at least 11 places). I have pains in 16 places...my arms being the only free part of me without pain. Depression can be a huge part too, but wouldn't be the only part. TMJ in face on occasions. Sleep problems. Memory loss. Chronic headaches........all symptoms- BUT there are no specific blood tests for Fibro.

The majority of symptoms can be caused by other illnesses, so best see a GP...although it can take years for a correct diagnosis, if t is fibro.

For widespread pain, tests are sometimes done for Rheumatoid Factor, and if these are raised thenfurther tests such as ANA (antinuclear antibodies) can be done....however these are taken more to see if the symptoms can relate to diseases such as Lupus.... I still have raised RF and abnormal ANA, but Rheumatologist has ruled it as being fibro rather than anything else....however, this is after having had wrong diagnosis of palindromic rheumatism and Pernicious Anaemia...so from just my experience it is worth persevering with GP's until you get a firm diagnosis and a better treatment that works.....mine has been a good 10 years to get me this far.....