Is there some natural ways to correct our Immune System ?

Chandradev819

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Friends,

I am new to this community. Just before 30 days i came to know i am suffering from diabetics Type 1. Now i am taking treatment as per as doctor suggestion.

Now my insulin dose has been decreased by 60%. Initially blood sugar on random was 560. I have some question to be ask from community

1. do you know is there any natural ways to correct our immune system. So that in Pancrease beta cells will be not be dead ?
2. is there some natural ways to become insulin independent ?
3. is there any story to Type 1 diabetic person became insulin independent by diet and exercise ?

Please share your suggestion.

Regards
Chandradev

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@Chandradev819 Welcome to the forum,

I like yourself asked the very same questions when I was diagnosed, I am sure many type 1's experience the same thought processes on diagnosis. The reality is that once diagnosed you are insulin dependant from that moment onwards, there isn't any way to reverse/save the pancreas from the beta call attack, however you can prolong the honeymoon period by taking the correct doses of insulin as this will relieve the stress it is under, so you can go for 1-2 years with reduced insulin requirements.

Exercise helps alot with management of type 1 as there is a reduced need for insulin, this link was shared a week or so ago about a professional rugby player who takes very little insulin because of the amount of exercise he does, a great insight into how you can manage daily by incorporating exercise: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/get-inspired/36225872

Chandradev819

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Juicyj,
Thanks for your reply. But one of my friend got Diabetics Type 1, He was taking good diet and exercise from last 1 yrs. Now he was telling he has become insulin independent.

Humma

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is NO cure for type 1 once you have it, then its for life pay no attention to these so called natural miracle cures it just doesn`t happen so get a grip and get on with it....................Type1 insulin dependant since age 13 now for 48 years and i beat it every single day

Reactions: 4 people

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
1. do you know is there any natural ways to correct our immune system. So that in Pancrease beta cells will be not be dead ?

No, there are no natural ways to stop your immune system killing off your beta cells. Nor are there any unnatural ways. However, as a nEwly diagnosed type 1 you might be eligible to take part in clinical trials of drugs aimed at prolonging the life of your beta cells. Despite a lot of research and similar trials there are currently no drugs successful in actually definitively stopping the beta cell death.

2. Is there some natural ways to become insulin independent?

No. If you have insufficient insulin, you will be dependent on insulin for a healthy life. Or indeed, to maintain a life at all.

3. Is there any story to a type 1 diabetic became insulin independent by diet and exercise?

No. Or rather, yes, any such story is a work of fiction either by malice, or delusion, or misinformation. Some people find they have very low insulin requirements for a while post diagnosis by keeping a very low carb diet. However, as @Juicyj highlights, the best way to prolong beta cell function is to ensure you avoid stressing your beta cells by taking insulin as required.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Perhaps the 'friend' was mis-diagnosed and was actually a T2, oh wait - misdiagnosis, that never really happens does it.

Chandradev819

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for sharing your suggestion. I think we have to be happy with this diabetic. Thanks god, at least we have artificial Insulin. otherwise we could have died with in few month.

I think my friend might be motivating me to concentrate on Low carb diet and daily exercise.

I have read one article on internet, with in coming one or two year diabetic type 1 medicine are coming. which will do permanent cure for type 1 diabetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for sharing your suggestion. I think we have to be happy with this diabetic. Thanks god, at least we have artificial Insulin. otherwise we could have died with in few month.

I think my friend might be motivating me to concentrate on Low carb diet and daily exercise.

I have read one article on internet, with in coming one or two year diabetic type 1 medicine are coming. which will do permanent cure for type 1 diabetic.

That would be good news, @Chandradev819, but I won't be holding my breath for one or two years!
People with Type 1 can reduce their insulin requirements to a certain extent by eating a low carb high fat (LCHF) diet. In my own case I have reduced considerably my fast-acting Bolus insulin doses to match my low-carb meals, but I still inject 18 units of Basal insulin every day. If you want to know more about a low carb diet, you might like to read the advice on www.dietdoctor.com.
I think you're right: we can be happy with the insulin regime. It saves our lives.

Chandradev819

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @lizdeluz ,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Currently my dose also has been decreased from 60 units to 21 units by Low carb high fat diet.
Death is not in our hand. Only god know. We can only do our best to control it. If your diabetic is under control you will live longer. In coming day so many possibilities can be happen.

I can understand the pain of diabetic type 1 people. Whenever i came to office, maximum time, in mind only diabetics related things will come.

So many time, it will depress me. But i control it by myself. I think there are so many happy and legend people are there who are leading the life with happiness. I motivate myself to be happy.

Reactions: 8 people