Is this a sign of diabetes?

Zenocto

Hi guys, every time i drink sugary drinks (bubbletea/bobatea), my feet has this dingling sensation. Is this a sign of diabetes? should i get checked? Only happened recently, did not have this problem with sugary drinks before.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi guys, every time i drink sugary drinks (bubbletea/bobatea), my feet has this dingling sensation. Is this a sign of diabetes? should i get checked? Only happened recently, did not have this problem with sugary drinks before.

Not a symptom I personally have heard of. If you're worried about your health, I'd recommend that you visit your doctor. They'll be able to advise on this and do any "wellness" type blood tests to see if you have any issues.

Any chance you could be allergic to some of the ingredients in the tea??? Do you get the symptoms with all sugary drinks?

Reactions: Tophat1900

Zenocto

Not a symptom I personally have heard of. If you're worried about your health, I'd recommend that you visit your doctor. They'll be able to advise on this and do any "wellness" type blood tests to see if you have any issues.

Any chance you could be allergic to some of the ingredients in the tea??? Do you get the symptoms with all sugary drinks?

Yes all excessive sugary drink, my feet and fingertips will have the dingling/numbness sensation

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Zenocto Its not a symptom of diabetes that I’ve ever heard of.

As already suggested any health concerns should be checked by your doctor in case there’s anything else going on.

mouseee

Tingling fingers and feet can indeed be a symptom of diabetes but I've never heard of tingling happening just after sugary things. It's from having long term high blood sugar not individual sugary things.

If you are worried, please go and get checked at the drs.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi @Zenocto ,

Welcome to the forum..

No one can or should diagnose you on the boards..

There are many reasons why feet & figertips suddenly get these sensations. The change of season to winter being one, coupled with inadequate insuliating attire?

For peace of mind visit your doctor.

Good luck!

Reactions: jomar_uk