1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Is this normal glucose level?

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by azad1983, May 27, 2019.

1. azad1983

azad1983 Type 2 · Member

Hello All,
    Fasting glucose before breakfast: 5.4 - 6.5
    2 hours after each meal: 6.5 - 8.0
    Medicine: Metformin 500mg x 2 per day.

Breakfast: handful of fresh raspberry and blueberry with 2 slices of cheese plus half avacado.

Lunch: a slice of wholemeal bread with cottage cheese plus an apple.

Dinner: lots of mixed vegetables with a fish or meat steak.

Exercise: 30 km of road bike 5 days a week

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. 1spuds

1spuds Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Dump that slice of bread and check,the results may surprise you,bread slams my sugars up.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

The lower numbers are good, and the upper numbers are pretty good but indicate some metabolic dysfunction (in my opinion). Personally I like my fasting numbers to be less than 5.5 and postprandial less than 6.0, but everyone has different expectations. Personally I would not eat the bread or apple, but your food choices are your own. You seem to be managing things quite well as you are.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. 1spuds

1spuds Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I always like how you call a spade a spade.Very good post Jim IMO. :) A friend is eating potatoes as a common carb on his LCHF lifestyle ,not my choice but his sugars are at non diabetic levels.Cool how folks can tweak it and make it work for them.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. ianf0ster

ianf0ster Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Our bodies all handle carbs differently and even in different ways at different times in our lives.
    We just ned to learn what our own body likes and what it will tolerate without incurring damage.
    I hope that in the future I will be able to eat whole grain foods again, but for now I must avoid all high carb foods no matter how their GI is.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook