Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello All,
Fasting glucose before breakfast: 5.4 - 6.5
2 hours after each meal: 6.5 - 8.0
Medicine: Metformin 500mg x 2 per day.

Breakfast: handful of fresh raspberry and blueberry with 2 slices of cheese plus half avacado.

Lunch: a slice of wholemeal bread with cottage cheese plus an apple.

Dinner: lots of mixed vegetables with a fish or meat steak.

Exercise: 30 km of road bike 5 days a week

Reactions: 1spuds

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dump that slice of bread and check,the results may surprise you,bread slams my sugars up.

Reactions: Freema
M

Member496333

The lower numbers are good, and the upper numbers are pretty good but indicate some metabolic dysfunction (in my opinion). Personally I like my fasting numbers to be less than 5.5 and postprandial less than 6.0, but everyone has different expectations. Personally I would not eat the bread or apple, but your food choices are your own. You seem to be managing things quite well as you are.

Reactions: 1spuds and Freema

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The lower numbers are good, and the upper numbers are pretty good but indicate some metabolic dysfunction (in my opinion). Personally I like my fasting numbers to be less than 5.5 and postprandial less than 6.0, but everyone has different expectations. Personally I would not eat the bread or apple, but your food choices are your own. You seem to be managing things quite well as you are.
I always like how you call a spade a spade.Very good post Jim IMO. :) A friend is eating potatoes as a common carb on his LCHF lifestyle ,not my choice but his sugars are at non diabetic levels.Cool how folks can tweak it and make it work for them.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Our bodies all handle carbs differently and even in different ways at different times in our lives.
We just ned to learn what our own body likes and what it will tolerate without incurring damage.
I hope that in the future I will be able to eat whole grain foods again, but for now I must avoid all high carb foods no matter how their GI is.

Reactions: 1spuds