Is this normal

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Cheese and salads do have carbs but very minimal. You guys are so well versed in your carbs. Thank you for explaining to me. I know we do need good carbs, not the bad ones.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Meh. I don't need any carbs.

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
...waking levels are seldom the lowest reading of the day for many many Type 2s. For me to have readings of 7 or under for a whole day would mean simply no carbs that day.
I have a question for pleinster. Your last sentence say simply no carbs that day. Tell me what do you eat because most food have carbs and it is quite impossible to eat no carbs at all. All vegetables have carbs.
You're completely misunderstanding so read that sentence of @pleinster's again! What he was suggesting was that for some people including himself to achieve glucose levels of 7 or lower for a whole day would mean consuming no carbs at all, i.e. eating any carbs will raise glucose levels to over 7, which doesn't say he doesn't eat carbs, just that the only way to be able to achieve such levels would mean that he couldn't eat any. Even a very low carb diet may result in some rise over for some people's normal/base levels, which may very well be 7.

But it is quite possible to consume no carbs, some protein doesn't contain carbs, water doesn't contain carbs, so eating a pure protein and fat diet would involve no or so very few carbs that they'd have a negligible or no effect on your glucose levels, and fasting for 24 hours drinking nothing but water would definitely involve absolutely no carbs at all.

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Thanks, Robbity. I generally eat under 25g carbs a day (a diet checked and approved by both diabetes consultant and dietician) that is if a sneaky ice lolly or croissant doesn't get in there. I can keep levels under 7.0mmols if I am strict. I'd just add, @Keesha, that if you really think it is impossible to eat no carbs at all, you need to research a bit more. Also. we do NOT need carbs! We would never have evolved from regional australopithici into homo sapiens if we did. Further, there is no such thing as a carbohydrate deficiency (as confirmed for me by a] 8-10 renal doctors intent on keeping my transplanted kidney functioning; b] 3 dietitian/nutritionists; and c] direct experience. If I do eat a very small amount of carbs it is only because it's so hard to avoid the things completely in the rubbish we are presented with as consumer-humans...or because I choose to. I absolutely do not need to.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
How do you fast and not affect your blood glucose? I think I would pass out if I don't eat anything for the whole day, presuming I still need to take my Metformin as usual without food. I would have a hypo even if I skip lunch or breakfast or dinner let alone fast for the whole day. The thought of fasting really scare me.

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How do you fast and not affect your blood glucose? I think I would pass out if I don't eat anything for the whole day, presuming I still need to take my Metformin as usual without food. I would have a hypo even if I skip lunch or breakfast or dinner let alone fast for the whole day. The thought of fasting really scare me.

Yep me too #shivers! :nailbiting: