have just checked levels again and they are now 5.7

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
what amount of carbs should i be looking at please?
sorry for the dumb question
didnt see the paleao meusli in aldi :(

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
This is the one to look out for - nuty and fruity varieties
https://www.reddit.com/r/ketouk/comments/74vky6/paleo_muesli_from_aldi_only_15g_nc_per_100g/
This is the nutritional information
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/aldi-foodie-market-nutty-paleo-muesli-563528618
I know not all Aldi branches stock it - all 3 near me do but I couldnt find it in the store near my mums in the midlands
thank you
i cant say ive seen any here in swindon and we have a few aldi's around here
i might see if i can order it online

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
what amount of carbs should i be looking at please?
sorry for the dumb question
didnt see the paleao meusli in aldi :(
As a general guide I try to only by things that are 5g or carbs per 100g (or less of course). Others here try for 10g i.e. 10% carb. I'm afraid that means that most "usual" breakfast foods are way too high. But there's always bacon...

Reactions: LouWilk059

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
As a general guide I try to only by things that are 5g or carbs per 100g (or less of course). Others here try for 10g i.e. 10% carb. I'm afraid that means that most "usual" breakfast foods are way too high. But there's always bacon...
ive been looking on tesco at the cereal and im shocked at the amount of carbs in the 'healthy' ones
i LOVE bacon but the thought of cooking it in the morning is not good, i cant eat anything for a few hours
im thinking of making up a batch of mini quiches egg mushrooms, onions and peppers topped with cheese to freeze so i can just heat a couple of them up (free on slimming world and dont effect my sugar levels(

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ive been looking on tesco at the cereal and im shocked at the amount of carbs in the 'healthy' ones
i LOVE bacon but the thought of cooking it in the morning is not good, i cant eat anything for a few hours
im thinking of making up a batch of mini quiches egg mushrooms, onions and peppers topped with cheese to freeze so i can just heat a couple of them up (free on slimming world and dont effect my sugar levels(
Personally I just skip breakfast and don't eat until lunch at the earliest..start my day with teas and coffees.

Or cook up a whole load of bacon then have it cold and cripsy in the morning..?

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Personally I just skip breakfast and don't eat until lunch at the earliest..start my day with teas and coffees.

Or cook up a whole load of bacon then have it cold and cripsy in the morning..?

Never eat breakfast on an empty stomach I see.