that steve

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
other things and some people
Hi
Its 7 months since I was diagnosed type 2 and things are getting better almost every day.
I have, as it seems most people have, done alot of research. read alot of stuff asked questions
and if i am honest i think I have diabetic brain info overload, so I have in essence created
some very simple statements of understanding for myself. However I am aware I can on any given
day convince myself of anything... one more cake wont hurt, so if you fellow type 2s dont mind
having a read and letting me know if my very simplified understanding is at the least kind of in
the right area I would appreciate it.

There is too much glucose in my blood

my cells are full of glucose and unless i use it there isnt room for anymore..(insulin resistance),
blood glucose levels will remain, increase or decrease depending on what is consumed
and/or activity, stress and other lifestyle choices.

exercise helps use the glucose in the cells, then there is room for some
blood glucose to be transferred into the cells where its needed.. (insulin sensitivity),
lowering blood glucose levels. If the demand for glucose needed on a cellular
level due to activity is high, blood glucose can drop rapidly and cause a
potential risk of a hypo.

low carb healthy fat diet helps reduce the production of glucose and therefore helps
with getting blood glucose levels under control whilst ensuring there is still enough
available when needed.

protein/fats help the body build up muscle mass which helps the cells use glucose more efficiently
which in turn improves insulin sensitivity leading to a more steady flow of blood glucose into
the cells for energy.

Improved insulin sensitivity (reduced insulin resistance) can help reduce the need for higher
levels of insulin production to deal with the blood glucose.

There is a period of adjustment both physically, mentally and internally that will vary from
person to person.

Meditation, mindfullness, taking 5, diet, exercise and consistency play an important role in helping
the brain adjust to this new lifestyle, i.e replacing bad habits with good

consistent good blood glucose management can help reduce or reverse some of
the damaging aspects of diabetes and what was once a vicious circle can become a positive one.

better choices, better diet, better exercise, better control, better function, better health
better mood, better outlook, better life, better me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Be Well