Is Zero Coke ok for Diabetics?

D

Deleted member 83869

Pepsi max is like my best friend ha! I am trying to cut down though....but hasn't caused me any problems...that I know of!

mikej3252

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Beware drinking any Coke product, If you look at the ingredients, They contain Phosphoric Acid. This is used as a derusting agent throughout the motor industry.

Reactions: 2 people

katpaul

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Drink Zero Coke all the time and tastes better than Diet Coke! No reason why it should have any affect on blood sugar.

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Drink Zero Coke all the time and tastes better than Diet Coke! No reason why it should have any affect on blood sugar.

Perhaps not on blood sugar..but the rest of your body will get damageg insome way.

happier than you

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've practically lived on diet coke and coke zero for 20 years. I haven't dropped dead yet. Reading the average internet scaremonger, you'd think it was akin to drinking bleach mixed with cyanide. It has no effect on blood sugar whatsoever.

Whether aspartame or any other artificial sweeteners are safe or not is completely irrelevant to diabetes. Seeing as near enough everything can give you cancer, i'm not going to worry about it. I only go on facts, not conjecture. Facts are, i'm in my 40s and a lot healthier after 10 years of heavy diet coke (as well as lots of mineral water too) drinking, than i was when i used to drink the same amount of alcohol and orange juice.

ANDY_J_C

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Apart from artificial sweeteners - has anyone researched this product and perhaps other 'Zero' drinks please?
They are thinking about renaming it because no one realises that the Zero actually means No Sugar, Obviously it has sweeteners so you need to check if you are oK with them

PDR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Piers Morgan
I've heard rumours that pepsi max contains huge quantities of hydrogen hydroxide - a solvent which is also used as coolant in some nuclear reactors. So if you drink it you will probably glow in the dark...

PDR

Julie27318

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They reckon it's a good cleaning product though Coke for Toilets....i didn't know that though about it being used on Motor industry!!!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I has acid damage to my teeth , because I began drinking Pepsi Max along the day , first time in my life I had this kind of acid damage.. rather chocked, even though it is without sugar it is still high in acid.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There's a lot of carbonic acid in a fizzy drink....