It seems like we can't have nothing

Sad21+

Just stumbled on this article and watched a YouTube video about this. I'm heartbroken I constantly cook with erythritol I have so many low carb products with this product. I've cut so much products and food out of our lives. I'm just so saddened again I have to throw things out. It never stops. I'm so tired of all of this.
I feel like I'm just managing and now boom. My mum had a stroke 11 years ago. Way before her diabetes diagnosis. I feel so dejected.

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...ythritol-linked-to-heart-attacks-and-strokes/

• Hug
Reactions: Pura Vida

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Hi, I am sorry you feel so low about your Diabetes. I feel all I can offer is to really focus on what you can eat rather than what you can't. I know it can really seem a complete pain at times. I am fortunate in that I live alone so the only person to please is me. I do go out and eat but know there are some places I can just have a black coffee while everyone else is munching away on goodness knows what! I used to cook low carb bakes etc but as it is just me I now don't bother. I really hope that you can feel brighter and find a way to move forward.

Sad21+

Hi, I am sorry you feel so low about your Diabetes. I feel all I can offer is to really focus on what you can eat rather than what you can't. I know it can really seem a complete pain at times. I am fortunate in that I live alone so the only person to please is me. I do go out and eat but know there are some places I can just have a black coffee while everyone else is munching away on goodness knows what! I used to cook low carb bakes etc but as it is just me I now don't bother. I really hope that you can feel brighter and find a way to move forward.
Thank you for your kindness and support. I really do appreciate it. Thank you I needed to see this. It's tough especially juggling other health issues. I hope all is well with you thank you.

Sad21+

There's currently a discussion about erythritol that you might also like to look at -here: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...ed-risk-of-heart-disease.194772/#post-2587093

I've had T2 for over 9 years and I've used erythritol and erythritol/stevia combinations for nearly all that time without any problems.
I appreciate your advice I have clicked on the thread and seen the discussions. In regards to my mum I can't take the chance. I feel so dejected. Thank you for this link I'm going to keep up with the company comments.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I appreciate your advice I have clicked on the thread and seen the discussions. In regards to my mum I can't take the chance. I feel so dejected. Thank you for this link I'm going to keep up with the company comments.
I'd echo Robbity's comments. This "research" may well not be what the reports are saying it is. Unfortunately there is a lot of junk science around which makes it very difficult to know what and who to trust.

I am not changing my use of erithrytol and stevia based on this.

ajbod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
30 grams is an awful lot of Erythritol to consume. I use it in low carb bread, a loaf lasts a week and contains 28 grams. Unless you are consuming a LOT of bought Keto products, i cannot see how you would eat that much.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Robbity and jjraak

Sad21+

I'd echo Robbity's comments. This "research" may well not be what the reports are saying it is. Unfortunately there is a lot of junk science around which makes it very difficult to know what and who to trust.

I am not changing my use of erithrytol and stevia based on this.
I appreciate this thank you for commenting. I think I'm gonna drastically reduce the intake of erythritol but not cut it out completely.