1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

it works for blood sugar down

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by mileysmilely, Jun 25, 2019.

1. mileysmilely

mileysmilely · Member

I diagnosed Diabetes with 7.4hba1c. And my fasting blood sugar level keep in a rang 6-7. 6.5 is often. No matter what exercise I do how I low carb intake. It never get improve my fasting blood sugar.

One month ago. I start to take some supplement. Black garlic. And drink apple cider vinegar after meal. My fasting blood sugar start to get low in 5.3.

I don’t know which thing works for it. But u can try.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

I have never heard of black garlic, I was told by my GP not to drink apple cider vinegar as I take a heart tablets called Digoxin and it could interact with it and increase the side effects of them.

3. Tophat1900

Tophat1900 Type 3c · Well-Known Member

Black garlic is literally black on the inside, used in asia I think. I have read other things about it, but can't remember any of it...lol

4. mileysmilely

mileysmilely · Member

The purpose I start to try black garlic extract and ACV, because my cholesterol is high, but blood sugar is ok. A1C 6.4. (Diet only, no meds)

I have to make cholesterol down that I can be avoided prescribe statin by GP.

I’ve heard these two things can reduce LDL.

The good news is even i am not sure whether it work for cholesterol but it exactly improve my blood sugar level.

5. Tophat1900

Tophat1900 Type 3c · Well-Known Member

Just because a doctor recommends and prescribes a statin, doesn't mean you HAVE to take it. It's up to you whether or not you take one.

ACV certainly brings down blood glucose levels for me also. I find it very effective for that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I would in general be wary of such medicines as black garlic. Their safety and freedom from dangerous microorganisms may not have been fully tested.
    As @Tophat1900 says, you are under no obligation to take statins which are said to have sideeffects in over 10 % of people and whose effectiveness has never been proven.

7. MargaretR

MargaretR Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Black garlic is available in small plastic pots. It is a way of preserving the garlic. Delicious with cheese, and in salads.
    But expensive.

8. mojo37

mojo37 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I've heard of the apple cider vinegar but not Black garlic

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook