Itch itch itch - I think its the new libre adhesive ....

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Agghhhhh!!!!!!
So I finally got my libre prescription (after self-funding for 2 years), I know many people had adverse reactions to the libre adhesive - strangely I never did (and I am one of those people that has a reaction to the white medical tape they use at the docs ....).
So I finally got round to using my first prescription libre on Tuesday (I always had a spare libre just in case so when the prescription came in I still had one of the bought ones to use), anyways over the last day or so its been getting itchy - its not normally itchy at all - I can see the adhesive patch is slightly different than what I'm used to, its normally clear on my skin, now its white - so I have this horrible horrible suspicion that the changes they've done to the adhesive now may mean I react to it :(

I will at least see how this one goes, and see how the next couple go as well - I got 4 for my first prescription.

However it looks like my joy over finally getting it on prescription may have tempted fate too much :(

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Agghhhhh!!!!!!
So I finally got my libre prescription (after self-funding for 2 years), I know many people had adverse reactions to the libre adhesive - strangely I never did (and I am one of those people that has a reaction to the white medical tape they use at the docs ....).
So I finally got round to using my first prescription libre on Tuesday (I always had a spare libre just in case so when the prescription came in I still had one of the bought ones to use), anyways over the last day or so its been getting itchy - its not normally itchy at all - I can see the adhesive patch is slightly different than what I'm used to, its normally clear on my skin, now its white - so I have this horrible horrible suspicion that the changes they've done to the adhesive now may mean I react to it :(

I will at least see how this one goes, and see how the next couple go as well - I got 4 for my first prescription.

However it looks like my joy over finally getting it on prescription may have tempted fate too much :(

I will be getting a Libre at the end of the month, after a two week trial and it was great. However, when DSN attached it to my arm, it became quite itchy, but luckily it wore off and I had no more itching, so I will have to wait and see if that happens to me.
Maybe the problem is just because it's new, so I hope you will be able to continue to use it ? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: porl69 and Rokaab

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Maybe the problem is just because it's new, so I hope you will be able to continue to use it ? :)
Thanks and me too, as I have kinda become dependent on it, I feel lost without it and I suspect my control would revert back to what it was before I got the libre (ie. in the 55+ range rather than 45ish) :(

Reactions: porl69

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've never had a reaction to the adhesive (touch wood) but if you use Facebook, there is a group called Dexcom and Libre rash where they collect tricks to avoid the reactions and keep using it.
Hope this turns out to be a one off for you!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thanks and me too, as I have kinda become dependent on it, I feel lost without it and I suspect my control would revert back to what it was before I got the libre (ie. in the 55+ range rather than 45ish) :(

I really loved the Libre , I saw trends, so it was very useful and so quick to use, especially at work:).
Fingers crossed for you.

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rokaab
I am sensitive to most of the tapes, including the 'non' allergic ones, so understand your frustration. I don't tend to react to the Libre adhesive though (fingers crossed)

However, if I decide the sensor needs securing a bit, I use Rock tape but that starts me itching so I tend to take an antihistamine tablet, ie Cetirizine, for a couple of days, until it's settled again

There are products that people use to control these sort of issues, which Facebook has an excellent page, as already mentioned by @Antje77

Hope you find a solution that works for you