Itching all over

Chuckles21

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have type 2 with non alcoholic fatty liver and heart disease and It's been 2 weeks now since I got rid of the mumps and since then I have got this all over body itching but there is now rash it's driving me crazy I just want to rip my skin off is there anybody out there who can advise me what to do? I called my surgery this morning and they said all appointments are taken so I need help before I go nuts

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andrew S

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snobs! Angry people who keep getting angry and can't calm down.
Get professional help, in the meantime emoliant cream can't do any harm and may help a lot.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
E40 can help a little bit (shower or bath cream). I used to have the same problem but it stopped few months ago. Im not sure if its not seasonal thing in my case. i remember having it at winter time few years back

Chuckles21

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I went to the doctors yesterday about the severe all over body itching and came away with more meds to counter act the allergic reaction to the penicillin antibiotics I was given 2 weeks ago when I got the mumps so hopefully I should feel relief soon before I rip my skin off

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Yes, antihistamines will help.. Good that source of irritation has ben identified...

Chuckles21

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well the itching has nearly gone now after finding out it was due to penicillin reaction I nearly ended up scratching my skin off it was that bad thanks for all your help on this site it's much aprèciated

Chuckles21

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well the all over body itching has returned so doctor put me on antihistamines until I get the blood test results back and hopefully they can show what's going on