1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Jaw shoulder and wrist pain and generally hacked off with life.

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Tvfm, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Tvfm

Tvfm Type 2 · Active Member

Of to the Dr's tomorrow after suffering for 2 weeks now, I had a major anxiety attack in the dentist and have been suffering excruciating pain in my lower jaw and joint, numb shoulders and pain down arms and pins and needles in fingers with pain in my wrists. I was wondering if it could be this neuralgia that I see people talking about. Anyhow, totally hacked off woth my body at mo. Can't keep my blood sugar readings down at all as well. #fedup

• Hug Hug x 2
  2. Tvfm

Fobbed off my Dr's, with blood tests and an ultrasound (however long that takes) keep taking over the counter pain relief (told him that's not working) if I'm still in pain in 3 months go back.....

• Hug Hug x 1
  3. Jo_the_boat

Jo_the_boat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Frankly that's not good enough, can you get to see another doctor?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Flora123

Flora123 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

If you don’t get any joy from a doc then I’d highly recommend seeing an good osteopath. Miracle workers with that kind of thing

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Tvfm

Iv another appointment on the 19th. Gonna take the wife as I suffer with anxiety for support.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @Tvfm, sorry to her of yoir woes.
    Stress, worry and pain are not good companions at any time and are likely to play havic with your blood sugars.
    It may be that only your dentist can help with your jaw but your doctor might have some ideas about things like bruxism ( grinding of teeth, often in one's sleep and usually a sign if tension and stress.
    Anyone is going to be worried about arm troubles and again it is your doctor who may be able to help best, whether it is ti do with yiur neck or elsewhere.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook