1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Jimmy Moore - Exiled From YouTube

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Jim Lahey, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That Malhotra wiki page is an absolute travesty. Perfect example of how deep the corruption goes. It's a targeted character assassination and nothing else. Basically anyone who doesn't promote statins and grains must be defamed and silenced.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mariavontrapp

mariavontrapp Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I can still watch Jimmy Moore on YouTube. What is it that has been removed?

3. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Jimmy had his own channel on youtube which has been deleted apparently (or at least the link from his website no longer functions).
    He has appeared in many videos so they seem to still be there (for the time being) but his own channel has disappeared.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rustytypin

Rustytypin Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

Having links to information removed from a search engine results and actually having that information itself physically removed from the web aren't the same thing though!

Google can choose to prevent it's crawlers from indexing a site, but unless it owns the site or the server where it's stored, it isn't able to physically remove its web presence.

Robbity

6. Rustytypin

Rustytypin Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Hence the reason I use DuckDuckGo as my search engine these days..... google is not what it used to be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. briped

briped Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Checked it out, and cancelled my monthly support to wiki.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dark Horse

Dark Horse · Well-Known Member

If you think the page on Aseem Malhotra contains incorrect information, wouldn't it be better to edit it to provide the correct information? The monetary support only pays for the platform - the information is provided by us, the public.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

When the whole Malcolm Kendrick issue came about people were trying to edit the page to give a different view. However there is a certain hierarchy of editors on wikipedia and once the higher up guys step in then equality goes out of the window. The page was deleted. This led to multiple complaints including some to Jimmy Wales who ignored them for the most part. Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 11.40.11.png

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Wikipedia is supposed to be factual rather than opinions and presumably that means that entries are checked by peers, or whoever, to see if they agree with the generally accepted understanding. Low carb is unfortunately not the current recommendation of the world's medical profession so it could be seen that Wikipedia was allowing dangerous medical advice if articles were not edited. If I were to write an article which mentioned that Type 1 diabetics could stop using insulin if they practised mindfulness l would hope it would be censored.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook