ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Wow. There's a lot of them. My favourite is Slim Harpo.
Authors[edit]
Music and performing arts[edit]
Politicians[edit]
Sports[edit]
Baseball[edit]
Football[edit]
Other sports[edit]
Other[edit]
See also[edit]

Last edited:
M

Member496333

Jimmy Moore is a renowned and outspoken proponent of low-carbohydrate eating. Author of Keto Clarity and Cholesterol Clarity, as well as a prolific Podcaster and general Keto activist. He's been in in this space for longer than most, besides perhaps Vinnie Tortorich, and is clearly now another target for active censorship in the community. He's been mobbed so hard in recent years that he's actually just about to take a six month sabbatical from the scene in order to destress from it all. Seems like his removal from YouTube was supposed to be a parting gift.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
This is serious, as he is a big wig. He is a real gent, never swears, belittles or disrespects alternative opinions, even on podcasts.

We are moving at 1.5 revolutions and they are at 2. Some of the stuff in the LCHF / Keto movement is going well, but not quick enough for nonsense like this to be of no consequence.

Reactions: AloeSvea and jjraak

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will admit to never having been a Jimmy fan but this is pure censorship.

Edit to add still not there.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

upload_2019-8-14_10-12-7.png

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @kokhongw

A most interesting and disturbing link you posted.

Have to be honest, as per O/Ps post i had never heard of either character.

But to find the doctors site, could be a top search item for 15 years, them almost disappear overnight is worrying.

I read on, hoping I think to find fault with the logic, so maybe i could convince myself all was ok, it's just a conspiracy nut moaning about his perception of something, that has many other reasons to have happened.

But the more i read, the more a technical chess game of huge proportions, moving people's interest and desires around the board like pieces, until control was total and the game results in Checkmate, unfolded.

Quite disturbed by my simplistic trust.

I use Google.
I trusted Wikipedia.

All the things spoken of I knew or trusted to serve me information

To find, as his post analytically does so very well,
Where he has created and described a scenario, where at each point, those very actors have behind the scenes, played, adjusted and manipulated the mass of people's, like myself is shocking

People like myself.

Those who DO search, Don't take everything at face value, DO question the information given, by any site on the web.

Who maybe like i was, of the belief ALL options were there for the purposes of informing us, the public, AND In such substantial ways, the information we needed to evaluate and make clear headed decisions.

The facts he lays out, so clearly describes something that's not only a possibility, but the way he picks apart and dissects the how's and the whys, bring a sceptic like myself, to the almost inevitable conclusion ..he's most probably right..

It's Censorship, on a massive scale
And at the arbitrary whim of major corporations

I'll have to go and try to get my head around this.
Can all the things I thought, really be so easily manipulated. ?

Worrying

Thanks you for linking that thought provoking post.

Last edited:
Reactions: kokhongw

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Jimmy Moore doesn't do it for me - just a personal response.

But reading Dr Mercola online really helped me when I was first diagnosed five years back. I'm sorry to read about this Google search engine block thing happening to him.

I looked up my files for a document that summarised his writing for type two diabetes, or at least - the important aspects that I took from his writings and website:
  • Emphasises the scientific approach, lifestyle changes, extra strengthening exercise
  • Diabetes as Leptin and Insulin Resistance, not to take insulin, using low carb diet and exercise to counter it, avoidance of fructose, carbonated sugar drinks, grains
  • Cardio and strength bearing exercise combo
  • The “Emotional Freedom Technique” for stress relief
  • Omega 3 - eat and supplement with
  • Sleep - get more than 7 hours - more like 8 to 9 hours
  • Vitamin D/sunlight and supplements
  • Gut flora - eat/take probiotics
  • Limit or eliminate sugars and grains
Nothing outrageous in there, I should think! All very reasonable (even the stress relief! One of our most unsung songs when it comes to hormone regulation and blood glucose/insulin regulation imho).

M

Member496333

I will add that I am also not Jimmy's biggest fan. Although I do like him and his message, his style can sometimes be a bit boisterous. But all that is irrelevant when it comes to the subject of censorship.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Jimmy Moore was one of the first low carb proponents that I came across on the web when I started researching the subject in early 2015. I thought he was a bit of a character!

Robbity

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yes, it is interesting why we like someone (online, on youtube - and IRL!), and why we don't. But of course - that is just a by the by of the issue of censorship we have at hand - quite right.

And yes - anyone who gets the low-carb line out - all good.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is something going on for sure. So Aseem Malhotra's wiki page is now just a hatchet job. He is a very esteemed cardiologist who has bravely put himself on the frontline to speak out against bad medical advice on nutrition and over-prescription of statins.
http://doctoraseem.com or in wiki world https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aseem_Malhotra
Hadn't seen the Malhora wiki page.. but have seen others removed or edited heavily.. there is a long standing hatred of low carb on wiki these days and ndeed any "unorthodox" views on statins. Malcolm Kendrick's entry was deleted completely I believe.