Job issue

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I was surprised as last time I spoke to my nurse (January( she said the Insight would be better than the Animas pump for me??! Will have a look on Internet tonight. These are the 2 pumps I have the choice of upgrading too, the vibe was not mentioned. I have downloaded the mysugr logbook as lost my logbook diary.
I have the Vibe it's very simple to use with all the wizards built into the pump. If you so wish you can purchase the transmitter and sensors so you can use the CGM side of it as well.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I was surprised as last time I spoke to my nurse (January( she said the Insight would be better than the Animas pump for me??! Will have a look on Internet tonight. These are the 2 pumps I have the choice of upgrading too, the vibe was not mentioned. I have downloaded the mysugr logbook as lost my logbook diary.

Did she say what the drawbacks were to the Insight?

Yes, the self fill cartridges have been temporarily withdrawn;
Yes, the pre filled cartridges hold just 160ml insulin and depending on how much you use.. Depends how often you would have to change them.
The battery in pump does last about 4 weeks.. However this wld depend on how much you are changing stuff initially as the more it bluetooths to handset the more it will use up.

The sets all fit one standard tube now no matter what set you use.
Handset recharges same as mobile.
The sets are better than the old combo ones for handling.. Esp if eyesight was bad.
The handset is superb. Can't fault that at all.
Normally there is one fantastic guy on the careline that is superb. Others are too normally but one guy's knowledge and listening skills surpass any customer service that I have ever known.

I looked at others when I was due an upgrade last August, but for my personal needs it was worth waiting till Nov when I got the Insight.

Do look at your needs.. Ie how much insulin you use?
Do you want a pump with an all singing dancing remote? Ir could you lose ut accidentally etc?
So you want to consider an integrated CGM, the Insught does not offer this...

Alot for you to consider!!

Jessd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The vibe is not availabke to me. She just said alot of frustrating issues with the insight?? said to look at the Animas as well & decide which one I'd like.
Will need to have a look on Web later,suppose it's down to my personal preference & needs from a pump.
No don't think I would lose a meter,haven't so far.

Jessd

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry CarbsRok- yes the Animas vibe is available to me,just had a quick look, from what my nurse said thought it was just Animas (silly me) I'm at the office on my own at mo, so will have a quick look. Thanks

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
The vibe is not availabke to me. She just said alot of frustrating issues with the insight?? said to look at the Animas as well & decide which one I'd like.
Will need to have a look on Web later,suppose it's down to my personal preference & needs from a pump.
No don't think I would lose a meter,haven't so far.

Pity nurse didn't expand frustrating issues..!!