Juice plus

Dickyt

Has anyone had any experience with juice plus and can anyone recommend this for diabetics 100g of powder contains 40g of sugar and 35g of powder which is mixed with 250ml of skimmed milk whjich contains 26.6g of sugar, you have 2 of these a day as meal replacement and is recommended for diabetics according to the website

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
That's two days worth of carbs for me :eek: I think I'll pass

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you serious? I'm staggered that the website should say it's OK for diabetics. Diabetics are carb intolerant and therefore have to keep the carbs down to avoid blood sugar rises. The best diet approach for diabetes is to keep the carbs way down and have enough proteins, fats, veg etc to feel full.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The only way to know if it suits you is to try it and test your blood glucose.

But, like @catinahat , that is more carbs than my body can cope with in a day. Plus the fact that those sugary high carb drinks tend to digest really quickly, dumping sugar into the bloodstream, so your BG levels swing high, then low, which can make people (me) feel dreadful.

As a comparison, exante diet shakes have about 16g carbs when made up - and they were brutal. I only had two (cast offs from a friend). Tasted OK, but made me feel like death.

If you are interested in lower carb levels in shakes, try Almased.
My blood glucose was beautifully stable on that one.