JuicePlus

pshawfocus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey all. One of my (I want to say gullible) friends has recently joined this Avon calling style business pushing supposed miracle supplements. Now I eat pretty healthily already (pretty much LCHF), don't smoke or drink, do a ton of exercise (26.5miles today on my bike) and as a result my long term sugars / health are all good. So far, so Sherlock. Tonight my friend has sent me a message as follows:

Juice Plus is not a liquid only or fad diet! It is a wholefood nutritional supplement and made with an incredible 30 different fruits, vegetables and berries!

Packed with antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals & also 100% Natural!

Our products can help:

✨Regulate sugars
✨Balance hormones
✨Aid digestion
✨Boost metabolism
✨Help prevent sugar cravings
✨Boost immune system
✨Relieve inflammation
✨Reduce oxidative stress
✨Strengthen hair, skin and nails
✨Encourage cell repair

Regulate sugars, boost metabolism, prevent sugar cravings...? Anyone else come across this business? Or have medical knowledge of these supplements that claim to do everything but turn water into wine?

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There are literally hundreds (if not thousands) of companies that offer products with similar claims.

As the saying goes "A fool and his money are quickly departed." Which is why there will always be a market for this sort of thing.

My general belief is that anything that actually works is illegal (or at least requires a medical prescription).

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@pshawfocus I eat a healthy diet appropriate for type 2 diabetes, exercise, and take some nutritional supplements. If I needed to take a product like this, I would research it and find a company that is well established and has a excellent reputation. :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This has come up before.
I remember googling the JuicePlus ingredients and carb content.
Far too high in sugars and carbs for me, so i lost interest at that point. :)

satkins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I lasy my wife works with gave me drink mix. She said it didn't have any sugar. And it would help regulate blood sugar and boost metabolism. Sure enough the package says zero carbs. I tried it and it was the most vile stuff ever. Told the lady that and she says "Yeah I know. The box they came in says to add 2 cups of sugar."

She said it like it was no big deal. BTW she is also type 2 and has not been able to control her numbers. I told her to talk to the pharamacist about it since they work in a drug store. She told me he doesnt know what he's talking about and is as bad as her doctor.

Like the previous commenter said. An idiot and their money are soon parted.

satkins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sorry the second word at the start should be "lady". **** phone keyboard and i acnt edit for the app.

pshawfocus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I kinda guessed this was all nonsense and from what I understand, the 'sales' people such as my friend have to pay to join and participate in the various training events and seminars. I wonder how much of the company's income come from that vs product sales...

Not sure why I'd want to swap consumption of the natural nutrients occurring in fruit and veg etc for a pill that's been created through a manufacturing process. My biggest issue is these unqualified and spurious claims that the pills help to regulate sugar levels, boost metabolism etc. People already buy into so much misinformation about how to manage their health that this could be dangerous to the uneducated!

Presumably supplements aren't subject to the same level of scrutiny as items sold as medicine. But wasn't there an orange juice company that had to pull it's products because their 'it's so healthy' advertising (targeted at kids?) failed to mention the enormous amounts of sugar it contained? I rarely say this but - oh for more regulation....

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey all. One of my (I want to say gullible) friends has recently joined this Avon calling style business pushing supposed miracle supplements. Now I eat pretty healthily already (pretty much LCHF), don't smoke or drink, do a ton of exercise (26.5miles today on my bike) and as a result my long term sugars / health are all good. So far, so Sherlock. Tonight my friend has sent me a message as follows:

Juice Plus is not a liquid only or fad diet! It is a wholefood nutritional supplement and made with an incredible 30 different fruits, vegetables and berries!

Packed with antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals & also 100% Natural!

Our products can help:

✨Regulate sugars
✨Balance hormones
✨Aid digestion
✨Boost metabolism
✨Help prevent sugar cravings
✨Boost immune system
✨Relieve inflammation
✨Reduce oxidative stress
✨Strengthen hair, skin and nails
✨Encourage cell repair

Regulate sugars, boost metabolism, prevent sugar cravings...? Anyone else come across this business? Or have medical knowledge of these supplements that claim to do everything but turn water into wine?
I would be tempted to ask your friend just how many of those fruits contained therein he considers to be healthy for a diabetic? or could it be he doesn`t know what fructose is?