jumped off the bandwagon!!

freelance52

Hi. I made a mistake. I had managed to lose 3 of the 6 stones I need to lose, had got my Hb1Ac down to around 6 and had kicked out the gliclazide and was feeling oh so good and smug! So, when my life got complicated a few months ago, I ditched the diet, thinking, a couple of weeks off wouldn't hurt.
Boy was I wrong!
The couple of weeks turned into 6 weeks and I gained 1 stone! BS hovering in double figures again!
Now I have been back on the diet for 3 weeks. BS now around 8-9 but have only managed to lose 3lbs. I'm feeling very chastened and somewhat depressed. Can't seem to shift the weight at all. Any ideas would be welcome. Thank you.
Oh and, on the subject of Barry Groves - I have read his book 'Trick and Treat' and regardless of the debate being raged here about where he got his PhD from and whether it was 'earned' or not, I found his book to be the most well-researched, well-referenced and well-written informative thing I had read in ages. At least he ensures that his statements are actually supported from 'real' academic, researched studies, rather than just making assumptions based on slightly unsound assumptions that were based on theories from untested hypotheses!

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Hi Freelance!

I sympathize with your mistake - been there, done that, got the (size bigger) T-shirt :lol: .

You've done it before, you know you can do again. Don't be discouraged, just stick with it and take control again. We're all rooting for you!

I like Barry Groves too!

Viv 8)

Edit: PS - have a look at 'Viv's Modified Atkins Diet' - a sticky thread on the low carb diabetes diet forum on here. Following that for a fortnight might just kick-start things.

freelance52

Thanks Viv.
Have had a closer look at your diet and think maybe I'm not eating often enough (currently twice a day 'cos this diet doesn't make me feel hungry) and not drinking enough water or eating enough 'greens' so I'll alter my intake and bring it more into line with your diet and see how that goes. Thanks for your support and for the diet.