1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Just a bad day

Discussion in 'Emotional and Mental Health' started by midiansangel, Jul 1, 2016.

1. midiansangel

midiansangel Type 2 · Member

Hi all.

I've done everything I possibly can to reverse my T2, even though it is and has been rife in my family for three generations. G/Mother, father, siblings ...

It is normal to wake up and wish you wern't like this and angry with yourself because most of the society you live in think you brought this on yourself.

I find myself, this morning, asking "What did I do to deserve this?"

I can't do anymore!

Is this a normal thing? I've never regretted anything but I find myself regretting being T2.

I don't drink, I participate in the most natural antidepressant available six days a week (exercise), yet I've awoken this morning with this one regret.

I'm not sure if I should be writing this here, but I'm writing it in a place where I know someone will have felt the same at some stage.

Sent from my B3-A20 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

• Hug Hug x 5
  2. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Hi there @midiansangel
    welcome to the forum:)

even though I am not type 2 I can relate to waking up and wishing..........

I am tagging some of my lovely friends to come along and say hello and offer some support.

@catherinecherub , @Brunneria , @Osidge

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Hi and welcome!

I'm a 3rd generationer too. Although I beat them all, by developing T2 about 20 years younger than they did.

I know what you are feeling, and I get the frustration, and the thinking that you can't do any more, but the thing that helps me more than anything else is the finding out - there is always something else to learn, and some of it translates eventually into something practical that I am able to do. For me, at the moment, it is Fasting, and it is helping with the insulin resistance more than I expected it would.

This forum is also a great place. Not only are there people here 24/7, they all get it. So there is always someone, or some thread to interest or entertain or distract.

Hope you stick around and join the community. :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. magsiesss

magsiesss Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I think we all have bad days ... sending you a virtual hug

Brunneria is right though - please join in - there are various parts of the forum you can join in and chat ....

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Squire Fulwood

Squire Fulwood Type 2 · Expert

I am one of the unlovely ones but welcome anyway. I hope you find something on here that helps.

• Like Like x 7
  6. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

consider yourself added to the lovely list now :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Patricia21

Patricia21 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome.Im T2 I was shocked and worried three years ago.
    My life has changed since joining the forum,you are not alone you are with friends.
    Justl look round the forum,and post if you need to there is always someone to help.
    My diabetes dosent control me,I control it,and I have got to say I dont think about it most of the time.
    I do know now what I can and cant eat,and Ive adapted well to that.
    Stay with us and all the best.

• Like Like x 2
  8. tim32

tim32 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

We all have bad days, i'm having one right now, Feeling annoyed with myself and have been eating all the wrong things. I'm reading through the forums looking for inspiration, i have not done my blood sugars for 2 days and have not followed my diet either. Tomorrow when i wake, i will do my blood sugar, cook my low carb breakfast and get back on the wagon, I'm finding giving up Carbs as hard as i found stopping smoking, There is no point in lying about the 4 bars of chocolate I've had this week or about the Cornish pasty and the Mcdonalds The biscuits are a probably a step to far, but they are all gone now. The good thing is help is out there and just knowing i am not the only one having a tough time will help me start again in the morning.

• Hug Hug x 1
  9. NinaB73

NinaB73 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I agree we all have those times! I actually said to my diabetic nurse this week 'I can't be bothered, I'm down on diabetes' Its not like me I'm usually 'up' but this year I just cant get my act together! Fed up with trying! I know I am type 1 but I have a couple of good friends that are type 2 and I always appreciate which ever type your have it is always a struggle and yes I think there is more stigma attached to type 2 which is hurtful when you are trying your best, I'm sure you will feel better in time and hopefully this forum will help you feel 'less to blame' and more in control. Good luck and any time.....

• Like Like x 3
  10. midiansangel

midiansangel Type 2 · Member

Hey peeps, thanks so much for the warm welcome. I'm only sorry my first post was a bit of a down. Having read these messages, I find that maybe days like these are normal.

Today, I ate sweets for the first time in I don't know how long, I also ate fries / chips for the first time in months, and you know what? They didn't help.?
    So tomorrow, I'm back to trying not to feel angry with myself. I have to.

I've practically cut carbs out of my diet, I'm vegetarian, hate sweets and chocolate and just stand in front of the fridge pretending I'm comfort eating. I think that's the worse thing, when I just had IGT, my diet was so varied and now it seems so boring. I get a guilt complex if I swipe a slice of white bread, or eat white potatoes etc. Gosh I even used to eat pasta and rice (but lunch at the latest) then I'd cycle it off. I just find being T2 so boring on times.

I've been six years like this because I felt each day I was being judged. But now I've found this ... I feel better already because I don't need to feel I'm the only one. I've only ever had the nurse to moan to.

Thanks guys

Tomorrow is gona be a good day!

Sent from my B3-A20 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Lamont D

Lamont D Reactive hypoglycemia · Master

You are not the only one going through these emotions.
    Most of us on here have gone through the mill.
    You have to be more assertive with yourself.
    You have to get where you want to be, and if you do, then you can have your treats every now and then.
    And, what's more, you will feel a lot better about yourself!
    Your health and emotional outlook on life and yourself will be completely different.
    You can do this. You can get your control.
    The rewards far outweigh the risks.

If I can do it, because I have to, you can!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Kristin251

Kristin251 LADA · Expert

Certainly not alone. I had a horrible day yesterday. Not bs but mood.

What would you like to eat that you're not?
    I find LC very easy and gives me lasting even energy. The trick us finding foods you like that work with bs and stick with them.
    As nosher said, once you reel it in and accomplish things you will feel better about yourself.
    Yes diabetes can be a stigma but YOU KNOW you didn't eat yourself there. Don't worry about what others think. I know, easier said than done.
    I have finally accepted this is my life now and nothing I can do to change it. Acceptance makes it easier.

Thoughts are with you. Better days ahead

• Like Like x 2
  13. 6cats

6cats Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good for you!It is hard especially when it's all going belly up and nobody seems to understand. I am constantly knackered but can't sleep! You are not alone!?!? . Tomorrow isca new day!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook