Just a general moan about everything.

mattmo86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

This is my first post here, but have been reading the forums for ages. I've had type 1 for 15ish years, never had great control, in fact control has been very poor through out that time. Blood is never at the right level, too high, then too low. A few months ago I started going back to the clinic, after a 6 year absence, to try and start again, worked well for a while, then I gave up again, constantly had hypos, 2-3 a day, I work nights, was having them at night as well.

Just over a month ago my ex split up with me, 6 years we'd been together. Have now stopped bothering about my diabetes altogether, if I remember it I do it, if not...well then I don't. As I said earlier I work nights, struggling to sleep, and still working isn't doing me any good.
Splitting up is stressing me out too, waiting for ex to come and pick up her stuff, which shes dragging her heels about, im staying in the flat we rented, not sure if I can afford it yet, but we'll see.

Anyway, sorry for the rubbish post, just wanted to get some stuff off my chest.
If anyone does read, thanks. :)

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Hi Matt ...

I'm really sorry to hear about your split with your girlfriend after 6 years. You must be feeling pretty raw at the moment and not in the mood to take care of yourself very well. You've got a lot of emotional stuff going on and it's natural you just don't feel in the mood for thinking about your diabetes. It's as if nothing really matters very much when you're going through the break up of a relationship. Accepting that's how you feel is half the battle, worrying about it will make you even more tired.

A lot of people in similar circumstances might try to remain 'strong' but I'm one of those people who believes in accepting how I feel and giving in to it, and once I've done that, wallowed in a bit of misery for a while, I then can begin to move out of it. You will come through this in your own time and at your own pace. :thumbup:

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry you are going through such a bad time right now. Agree with everything Grace has said above - can't really add anything to it.

Take care