Just as a matter of interest...

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
All you low carbers out there, how may grams of carbs a day do you aim for and where do most of them come from?

Just being nosey!

Hotpepper20000

I aim for 50-60 grams. All from dairy and above ground vegetables. Once in while I’ll have a few peas or hummus.
No grains, or seeds. Few berries everyday and once or twice a week a row of 70% dark Lindt chocolate.
I rarely have any nuts. Maybe a handful after a meal as a treat.

Reactions: LindsayJane

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
20g. Veg and nuts mostly. Tonight Cote de Gascogne:)
I aim for 20 too but find in hard not to go over by a few! Mine are mostly from dairy, berries and above groud veg.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Usually between 10 and 20 mostly from cream but some dark chocolate too.
2019 avg 10.4g per day

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Trying not to hit over 20g per day, currently doing one meal a day so gives me a bit of flexibility. Mostly from cream and above ground veg.

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trying not to hit over 20g per day, currently doing one meal a day so gives me a bit of flexibility. Mostly from cream and above ground veg.
Which meal? Not sure I would be happy waiting all day for an evening meal!

Muddikins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
20g. Veg and nuts mostly. Tonight Cote de Gascogne:)
To be honest I don't really count, I just avoid any carbs as far as possible by choosing the best options. Wine on Friday is the exception which proves the rule:woot:

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
To be honest I don't really count, I just avoid any carbs as far as possible by choosing the best options. Wine on Friday is the exception which proves the rule:woot:
Looking forward to the day when I can allow mysef a nice bottle of Rioja!

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't really aim for a specific amount of carbs. I just gave up anything sweet like cakes and dessert, gave up cereals, bread, potatoes, rice and pasta and only ate small portions of lower carb things like beans, peas, carrots, swede etc. Later when it was working I added up the carbs and it came to about 70g a day.

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
If you a going to have red wine, why wait?
I'm the only one in the house who drinks - the temptation to finish a whole bottle might be beyond endurance!

Hotpepper20000

I didn't really aim for a specific amount of carbs. I just gave up anything sweet like cakes and dessert, gave up cereals, bread, potatoes, rice and pasta and only ate small portions of lower carb things like beans, peas, carrots, swede etc. Later when it was working I added up the carbs and it came to about 70g a day.
Thats what I did. After about a year I wanted to see how much it actually was. I know I need to lower it to loose some more weight but my BG is undercontrol so I’m happy.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Limit of 40 gm of carbs a day.
about 10 gm in the morning, which is a proper meal of proteins and fats, these days with low carb vege stir fry, a mug of coffee with cream once the percolator has done its job, and sometimes a square of very dark chocolate. In hot weather I might have a salad rather than the veges.
In the evening meat fish or shellfish, again with veges or salad but several times a week some berries and cream, and more coffee. On the none berry days I might concoct a drink of a multivitamin and mineral tablet - the fizzy sort, with some flavoured water and a drop of brandy - I use to use rum but that ran out last year, and as I had somehow accumulated several bottles of other stuff I thought I'd use that up. As it really is a small amount, I calculate that it will be into the mid 2020s before I need to buy any more.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do like a gin - and working in the pub I do get rather a lot bought for me....
Make sure you get Schweppes Slimline tonic with zero carbs, Fevertree Light seems to be becoming the norm in pubs but with 3.8g per 100ml it is not much different from normal tonic.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Which meal? Not sure I would be happy waiting all day for an evening meal!
Sorry to say it's the evening one for me :angelic: Having some coffee with cream in a morning fills me up all day, though that could change when I cut out dairy to drop some more fat soon. I had to ease into it though with a 16 hour and then 20 hour fasts over a few weeks before and now it's just routine for me.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a bit like Mr Pot. Probably around 70. But I never count.