Just being nosey - where is everyone from

crafteclaire

Dislikes
cheats and liers
Jacey,

I've sent you a PM. Really easy, just click on the PM logo underneath a persons name to send them a message!

I'll watch my inbox.

crafteclaire

Dislikes
cheats and liers
oh, and if you look at the bar across the top of the page, it says 'User Control Panel' then in brackets, it will tell you if you have any messages in your inbox.

Good luck!

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
jacey said:
Got my Positive result today Type 2. I don't understand these different readings, scales, I've just been given the 'wee stix' at the moment. He said something about a reading being 68.9??? orr would it be 6.89??? Told not to eat sugar or fat (also have heart probs) what do I eat???? So much to learn, excuse panic :cry:

Jacey,

Those readings are indicative of diabetes caught at an early stage. Good dietary control will keep it at that, & reduce the incidence of complications. When I was diagnosed my Dr told me EVERYTHING that could go wrong & I went home in a state of panic.

I was referred to a diabetes education session at West Middx Hospital where a team of nurse, pharmacist, podiatrist, dietitian explained the condition, lifestyle,& treatment. I also joined the local diabetes support group. I was too frightened not to follow the advice. That was 8 years ago. I'm now 69 & play a good game of tennis still.

Ask to see a dietitian , but if the advice given is a diet based on complex carbohydrates, question it. By experience WE DO NOT AGREE WITH DIABETES UK. Have about a desert spoon of carbohydrate (basmati rice, small potato, pasta) & increase the vegetables & protein. Avoid fruit juices as they contain 10% fruit sugar. Have no-added-sugar squashes/tea/coffee. That diet is fine for heart patients. My wife is one, & is very active again - she has my diet. I add oat bran & benecol or flora proactive as they do work to reduce cholesterol.

Get a blood sugar meter & test at least overnight fasting, & 2 hours after a meal. 2 tests a day will give an indication of your control.

bnanny

Hi there .
i live in essington . its about six miles from wolverhampton thats in the west midlands. : :roll:
love from koko.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello my dears. I'm from Bootiful Norfolk.
:evil: :evil: :evil: Oh how we hate Bernard Matthews. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I was born in little village near Fakenham called West Rudham, upto 20 lived in East Rudham, then on joining the plod moved east to Great Yarmouth area, now living in Hopton on Sea on Norfolk/Suffolk border. :D

Graham1441

Dislikes
Stupid people.
East london, near west ham football, oh well never mind.Arsenal man realy.
T2 for almost a year.
Graham 55

cjohnson

Dislikes
Spiders and other similar creepy crawlies
Born in Surrey but lived in North Yorkshire since 12 years old - very wet and windy at the moment - and not due to the metformin either :wink: :D :lol:

suzil

Dislikes
rude people, intolerances of different life styles, migraines and getting old!
Live in West Sussex which today is beautiful (even hung out some washing!). Was born in Norfolk, Gt Yarmouth and holiday in Cornwall/Devon borders every year (since 26 years ago - yup I love it).
What a varied and mixed bunch we all are but I have had great fun and some wonderful help since joining this site. :D

jacquirs

Dislikes
being ill/not being in control
hi guys just found this thread

i'm from Lincoln but originally from Mansfield duck

Russ-T

Dislikes
Dance music, romcoms, ignorant and intolerant people. Football aka soccer. Aubergines aka egg plants.
I'm lucky to live in gorgeous Devon, with it's green duvet hills, sparkling blue sea and rugged yet hypnotisingly beautiful Dartmoor.
But I was born in Germany, lived in Scotland & India before the age of 5, and settled in Plymouth with my Mother at the age of 7.
Bud i's a de'm buy thru an thru i tell ee, tis ard notabee wen oos lev'd yer zo long me preddee, innum?! :lol:

Bubsy Malone

Dislikes
Patronising people, fish and cold callers
Me, my brothers and son are Coventry born and bred, my mum's from Rugby and her mum and dad were from London and Glasgow respectively. And it's ****ing freezing!

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
graham64 said:
An Essex girl that explains a lot, your not a blonde as well are you :?:

Originally Welsh - Hair white