Just bought a bike!

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you :) I'm enjoying it so much more than I thought I would. Haven't had much sun except when I'm work so haven't been on a proper ride yet but have been using it briefly in evenings and such. I'm glad I'm not the only klutz although to haven't fallen off yet (been close a few times and I'm quite wobbly and don't do straight very well). An exercise bike sounds much safe as long as you don't get too into it and fall off lol :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Do you think you could join us on the 6th July RosieDred? The idea is that basically anyone can come and join in - those who want to power ahead can, and those who would like a more leisurely 'poodle' can have a more relaxed ride. I think I'm in the 'poodling' group!! :)

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you think you could join us on the 6th July RosieDred? The idea is that basically anyone can come and join in - those who want to power ahead can, and those who would like a more leisurely 'poodle' can have a more relaxed ride. I think I'm in the 'poodling' group!! :)
Join who where? I'm definitely a poodler too lol :)

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol, sorry, Join TeamBG at Box Hill for a ride - check it out. http://www.teambloodglucose.com/TeamBG/Box_Hill_Cycle_Ride.html
Andy12345 and I will be there.
Bx
Oh what the hell, ignore my last reply, 3 hours is not that far. And my new goal is to get out of my comfort zone and do things I wouldn't usually do ... So I'm in. Will just have to make sure I can get the day off work, which I'll sort out later and I'm in.
Can I bring my partner as I don't drive?

Reactions: 2 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Oooh that would be great but that's about 3 hours away from me so a bit far :(

That's a shame:(
Andy and I will have to do the pooling for you! I think I'm going to have to train up a bit because Andy12345 is a closet athlete!;)

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Oh what the hell, ignore my last reply, 3 hours is not that far. And my new goal is to get out of my comfort zone and do things I wouldn't usually do ... So I'm in. Will just have to make sure I can get the day off work, which I'll sort out later and I'm in.
Can I bring my partner as I don't drive?

Yayyyyyyyy!
Yes yes yes! Of course - all welcome!:D

Egerton

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Rosie,
Cycling is great exercise to burn fat, boost metabolism and to lose weight. Keep your workout journal to measure your progress and increase your mileage daily to meet your fitness goals. Cycling boost stamina, increase energy level and improve blood circulation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brightside

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you :) I'm enjoying it so much more than I thought I would. Haven't had much sun except when I'm work so haven't been on a proper ride yet but have been using it briefly in evenings and such. I'm glad I'm not the only klutz although to haven't fallen off yet (been close a few times and I'm quite wobbly and don't do straight very well). An exercise bike sounds much safe as long as you don't get too into it and fall off lol :)

Lol, sorry, Join TeamBG at Box Hill for a ride - check it out. http://www.teambloodglucose.com/TeamBG/Box_Hill_Cycle_Ride.html
Andy12345 and I will be there.
Bx

hi Bebo
Only just saw this
ill organize to be there....box Hill is hard but doable....its the one across the valley "Cold harbor lane" that kills me

It will be me and my mate oh and the black ***** (name of my bicycle) HAHA

Reactions: 2 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
hi Bebo
Only just saw this
ill organize to be there....box Hill is hard but doable....its the one across the valley "Cold harbor lane" that kills me

It will be me and my mate oh and the black ***** (name of my bicycle) HAHA

That's awesome Brightside! Great to have you and your mate along.
If you can e-mail Midge quickly from the link on the website he will give you full particulars on meeting point/contacts etc for the day.
http://www.teambloodglucose.com/TeamBG/Box_Hill_Cycle_Ride.html:)