Just trying to get rid of 'account setup' message

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:eek: We can't have gooners buying season tickets at the academy of football!!! :eek:
It is just a rumour but it seems to have some substance to it, I refuse to pay for a season ticket at the moment due to the distance I live away and the standard of football we play, £100 though, I've spent that on a night out before!

Ouch, and for that reason I'm out!!

From what I saw, and it was only highlights, he looked pretty sharp, he was unlucky not to score too, he looks very promising

But I'm not a real gooner....I'm a Leeds fan!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't you have a long distant season ticket system like we do. When you notify the club beforehand what games you will attend and pay for just them games at the given ST price?
lolol you are joking aren't you?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
lolol you are joking aren't you?
Do you think that the hammers will fill Wembly?
Us lower league clubs have some good ideas concerning our supporters!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I'm sure you do, it's just a different world to us. It's a laugh when we visit other 'big' clubs too ...like Chelsea.... and they announce that tickets are on general sale now.....When we went to Man City last season they were selling tickets on the morning of the game.... hence the chant..."your ground's too big for you"

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
H

ave you seen the price of your home tickets? Who's laughing now?
I know you need money but my god!
lol, yeh, My son asked me what I wanted for my 60th birthday.......I said a weekend in Leeds with a ticket to fooite....yeh, it's 3+ years away, but he needs time to save up! Yeh, I know, there won't be a LUFC still in existence by then!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
One of the biggest cons is when attendances are given and missing Season Ticket holders are counted. They have to because of VAT!
Liverpool, if you live within the merseyside postcodes you can't get a ticket, but come from abroard of down south you can. All about merchandising!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One of the biggest cons is when attendances are given and missing Season Ticket holders are counted. They have to because of VAT!
Liverpool, if you live within the merseyside postcodes you can't get a ticket, but come from abroard of down south you can. All about merchandising!
That's not true about Liverpool anymore....I have relatives who just can't get a ticket because they sell half a season's worth at once now on their 'priority sell dates' They were lucky to get some last season, but for the first half of this they didn't get any.
Yes...re missing season ticket holders....I think I may know which club you're talking about. At least it's honest as far as tax and finances are concerned. Another club I went to announced the attendance as a certain figure....and I counted more than that in one stand alone!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
That's not true about Liverpool anymore....I have relatives who just can't get a ticket because they sell half a season's worth at once now on their 'priority sell dates' They were lucky to get some last season, but for the first half of this they didn't get any.
Yes...re missing season ticket holders....I think I may know which club you're talking about. At least it's honest as far as tax and finances are concerned. Another club I went to announced the attendance as a certain figure....and I counted more than that in one stand alone!
I had forgotten they changed that this season. You know when clubs are having a laugh or when the announcer is made up with a low gate considering the size of the stadium!

Reactions: 2 people

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Don't you have a long distant season ticket system like we do. When you notify the club beforehand what games you will attend and pay for just them games at the given ST price?

Great idea in principle but the greedy Premiership clubs would never go for it, the games that everyone would want to go to are the 'big' games (Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tranmere Rovers etc etc) and the club know that these games will sell out at full price, so why sell them off cheap?

But I'm not a real gooner....I'm a Leeds fan!

I'm not convinced that's any better :p

We half filled Wembley at the play-off final, Blackpool on the other hand...... If you mean the Olympic Stadium then no I don't think we'll fill it, hence the cut-price season tickets. It does bother me that we'll lose the atmosphere when we move, the Boleyn must be quite intimidating for away teams when the crowd are fired up

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great idea in principle but the greedy Premiership clubs would never go for it, the games that everyone would want to go to are the 'big' games (Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tranmere Rovers etc etc) and the club know that these games will sell out at full price, so why sell them off cheap?

I'm not convinced that's any better :p

We half filled Wembley at the play-off final, Blackpool on the other hand...... If you mean the Olympic Stadium then no I don't think we'll fill it, hence the cut-price season tickets. It does bother me that we'll lose the atmosphere when we move, the Boleyn must be quite intimidating for away teams when the crowd are fired up
I agree with your comment about greedy clubs, it can be irritating as an away fan that you always have to pay category 'A' ticket price because you support a top team. Man City fans made a great fuss about this at the Emirates stadium last season. All they need is for their team to go back to being mediocre, then they won't be category 'A' prices anymore - simple!

re the Boleyn....I don't know about the teams being intimidated.......but it can be intimidating for the away fans.....!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
When I was a kid my nearest team was actually Millwall - going there was intimidating even for the home supporters!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Never actually been to the Bolelyn ground. Been to the New Den twice! Cardiff was scarier! Police dogs with body armour!
What was I thinking of course it's not wombley, the Olympic park, woo! Get you! Don't worry about atmosphere sky will get sound in, so that it sounds good over the tele?!!

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I agree with your comment about greedy clubs, it can be irritating as an away fan that you always have to pay category 'A' ticket price because you support a top team.

The dreaded "This is a Category A match", really? It's Wigan away......

re the Boleyn....I don't know about the teams being intimidated.......but it can be intimidating for the away fans.....!

But we're such a friendly bunch.... :mask:

When I was a kid my nearest team was actually Millwall - going there was intimidating even for the home supporters!

The one fixture I'll never go to - Millwall v West Ham

Never actually been to the Bolelyn ground. Been to the New Den twice! Cardiff was scarier! Police dogs with body armour!

You're missing out! Everyone should visit the Boleyn! I once saw a hooligan try to take on the police outside the Abbey Stadium in Cambridge, 10 seconds later he was pinned to the floor by a German Shepherd with its jaws around his face, while he screamed and wet himself......

Don't worry about atmosphere sky will get sound in, so that it sounds good over the tele?!!

So that'll be 2 or 3 games with atmosphere then, sky don't seem to like West Ham much

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The dreaded "This is a Category A match", really? It's Wigan away......

But we're such a friendly bunch.... :mask:

The one fixture I'll never go to - Millwall v West Ham

You're missing out! Everyone should visit the Boleyn! I once saw a hooligan try to take on the police outside the Abbey Stadium in Cambridge, 10 seconds later he was pinned to the floor by a German Shepherd with its jaws around his face, while he screamed and wet himself......

So that'll be 2 or 3 games with atmosphere then, sky don't seem to like West Ham much
How can you say that, I believe that you were televised more in the first couple of months last season than any other club!

Not kidding!

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
How can you say that, I believe that you were televised more in the first couple of months last season than any other club!

Not kidding!

Not sure where you got that from mate? You know I'm a hammers fan and not a Utd fan right? :)

First time we were on sky last season was 15th September away to Southampton (Utd & Chelsea had already been on 3 times, Spurs, City, Liverpool and even Palace had all been on twice!), after that was 19th October home to City, then 9th and 24th November, away to Norwich (bloody awful game!) and home to Chelsea. I haven't got a stupidly photographic memory I just double checked last seasons fixtures cos I was sure we weren't on much.

Reactions: 3 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Was last season your return to the premier? That is what I was thinking of! It's just I remember commenting on it. Or we're you a lot on BT?

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Was last season your return to the premier? That is what I was thinking of! It's just I remember commenting on it. Or we're you a lot on BT?

We weren't on BT until Boxing Day, played some North London team that plays in red & white, their name escapes me.....

The season before was our return to the premier, we were on a lot that season

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thought I was dreaming! Lol!
Glad you sorted that out.

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I just checked, we'd been on sky 5 times by the end of November in 2012, nearly as much as Utd..... :wideyed: