Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Tipetoo Is this for real - your loo ?!

D

Deleted member 308541

Hi @Tipetoo Is this for real - your loo ?!
No, I found that on a Google image search to reply to a thread here a couple of months ago.

Out at the shed we get some big ones, but not the size of that feller, we used to get a few here in town at the unit but they ripped the passion fruit vine out that was along the front fence, and all of the insects that lived there disappeared spiders as well

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi @Tipetoo I remember going horse riding in Cairns and had to get my hat from a shed in the field, I went to put it on and there was a spider inside the size of my hand, that hat went flying ! Glad I looked before I put it on !

D

Deleted member 308541

Hi @Tipetoo I remember going horse riding in Cairns and had to get my hat from a shed in the field, I went to put it on and there was a spider inside the size of my hand, that hat went flying ! Glad I looked before I put it on !
The Huntsman causes alot of traffic accidents when they appear out of nowhere in your vehicle and the driver goes into a panicky moment. It has happened to me but no one was hurt, just my pride was dented when my partner laughed at me.

In parts of New South Wales you have to check your clothes for the Sydney Funnel Web spider as they can kill you if they bite you.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
That sounds frightening..I don't have a fear of spiders as such, but I definitely don't want to get bitten, I remember every time I went to the loo in Oz I always checked under the seat first...o_O

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Staying near the Daintree, I had an encounter in a dunny!!