Ketones DR seems very concerned

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
The info from jack412 is so good.

The 5 hours between eating doesn't have to be a permanent thing in your life.. It just enables you to see if your bolus's are right. Sometimes if you snack again inbetween meals it hinders just finding out how the bolus is working.. Just say doing 1 breakfast to lunch time on one day or lunch to tea on another dsy, or having just one day without snacks would give more of a clue.

For example at the moment.... if you ate at 8am and again at 10am your 10am is going to be your biggest peak. You are then adding more food and bolus to get another peak in 2-3 hours. Without actually finding out if that 8am bolus would have brought you down nearer to your target level.

This doesn't have to be long term living......once your ratio's are right you can be flexible.

Forgetting basal is quite easy to do. I used to do either when getting in to or out of bed cos it was the only way to remember it as part of my dressing routines. Teatime or with breakfasts was hopeless, as I never ate breakfast and teatimes varied so much. Do empathise with forgetting.

It is a totally different thought process now to have to take insulin.. It's hard initially. You feel different cos when you go out you got to make sure you take your pens, meter, sweets etc with you. No doubt about it, it's not easy to adjust your life to this different routine. However, sadly.. Needs must.

I worry that you are so scared of going hypo that it's impacting on the decisions you need to make about upping your insulin.

Read Jacks info. Its brilliant and shoukd definitely give you more confidence.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have them in a word document and just copy paste them
try it and show how easy it is
if it's a link to a web page you have open, you left click on the bar at the top with the name in it and it goes blue, them right click and click copy..then go to your post and left click, right click and paste

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I have them in a word document and just copy paste them
try it and show how easy it is
if it's a link to a web page you have open, you left click on the bar at the top with the name in it and it goes blue, them right click and click copy..then go to your post and left click, right click and paste

Just tried... For my document, it just pasted the whole document and not a link to it.... This is why I get soooo frustrated my end.. Nothing works like it does for others!!!