Kidney function.

dan1969

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, My name is Dan. it's a pleasure to meet you all and I have a question. I have been sent to the hospital for a repeat blood test as my kidney function result was 2.9 and normal is 3.5, has anyone got any knowledge of these results? as I am very concerned.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Hello, My name is Dan. it's a pleasure to meet you all and I have a question. I have been sent to the hospital for a repeat blood test as my kidney function result was 2.9 and normal is 3.5, has anyone got any knowledge of these results? as I am very concerned.
Hi Dan,
In Singapore we get a eGFR test for kidney function. Maybe your test was for something different? Do you know what the test is called?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Dani - Without a bit more information about exactly which test needs to be repeated, nobody can even speculate about the issue. That they are repeating the test is great, and I would urge you to just try not to flap for the time being. The results should come back quickly after the blood is drawn. Do you have a date for that?

I had a raft of bloods done last month and one section were a little wonky, so the whole lot were repeated about 10days after the first. The second lot were back in range.

Sometimes these tests can just be a little off, or in my case there was speculation I might have had a bit of an infection hiding that was on it's way out.

Repeating a blood test isn't always cause for alarm.

Fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: KK123

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Looking at my past potassium levels, it seems they vary quite a bit, so don’t stress.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
As a Type 2, I would not use an alternative for potassium intake, as cgm tests show both diabetics and non-diabetics spike dramatically with this hybrid fruit. To get the balance of sodium, potassium and magnesium I use "Lo Salt" to taste on meats, fish and low carb veg, and for magnesium, I have at least 4 squares of 100% montezuma dark chocolate or 2 squares of Arriba 95% from Lidl.