Kidney stone now!

MarkE

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Woo
What a ridiculous life- first diabetes, then retinopathy, then chest troubles, and now a ruddy kidney stone...

Emergency admission 2 Feb, CAT scan showed a large stone in the right ureter- then on a trolley the whole of Tuesday, in the ward finally, and operated on Thursday- only to find it was too large to deal with and I'm now on painkillers and back for a proper cut-open op in 6-8 weeks time...

Had to have a stent fitted as the kidney is totally blocked, too.

As may be imagined, I'm somewhat worried regarding the implications of this latest embuggerance so far as the diabetes goes.

Apologies for letting off steam!

Reactions: 2 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Sorry to hear that Mark.
I got a gall stone that moved and caused pancreaitas,never had so much pain in my life,I was also abroad and in hospital for three days.now waiting to have gall bladder.removed.
I believe kidney stones are also very painfull.
All the best

Reactions: 4 people

Marvin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I feel for you, Mark! I've been there, got the tee shirt, stent and all! I would wholeheartedly agree with those who claim a kidney stone is the most painful thing ever... far surpassing the pain of the worst childbirth (and it was a WOMAN who made that claim, not one of us wimpy, wingeing men!). When I had it I would cheerfully have been taken outside and shot, just for some relief. I hope that, as you await your surgery, you don't have too many episodes of returning acute pain. It will be an uncomfortable time, but hang in there: it WILL come to an end, the bleeding WILL stop, life WILL go on, you WILL be pain free again! And in time, like me, you will forget just how awful it was, until reminded by some other poor so-and-so. Hope they've given you a bottle of Oramorph to tide you over....

Reactions: 4 people

MarkE

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Woo
I feel for you, Mark! I've been there, got the tee shirt, stent and all! I would wholeheartedly agree with those who claim a kidney stone is the most painful thing ever... far surpassing the pain of the worst childbirth (and it was a WOMAN who made that claim, not one of us wimpy, wingeing men!). When I had it I would cheerfully have been taken outside and shot, just for some relief. I hope that, as you await your surgery, you don't have too many episodes of returning acute pain. It will be an uncomfortable time, but hang in there: it WILL come to an end, the bleeding WILL stop, life WILL go on, you WILL be pain free again! And in time, like me, you will forget just how awful it was, until reminded by some other poor so-and-so. Hope they've given you a bottle of Oramorph to tide you over....

Thanks for the support, folks. Appreciated, so very much appreciated!

Morphine and Codeine so far- but, thank fortune, only really hurts when I pop to the loo- when it REALLY hurts, natch... Was up to a 9/10 when first admitted, was hitting 8/10 whenever I needed to go- and even with the drugs, hitting 3 or 4/10. Boy, will I be glad when the **** stone and stent are finally gone.

Hi ho.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Get well soon Mark and I hope you feel so much better after your Op.

Take care and good luck RRB

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Thanks for the support, folks. Appreciated, so very much appreciated!

Morphine and Codeine so far- but, thank fortune, only really hurts when I pop to the loo- when it REALLY hurts, natch... Was up to a 9/10 when first admitted, was hitting 8/10 whenever I needed to go- and even with the drugs, hitting 3 or 4/10. Boy, will I be glad when the **** stone and stent are finally gone.

Hi ho.
Wishing you a happy result and good recovery markE.