Kidneys

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Most certainly not, whilst some may, I suspect the numbers would be very low (though I have no supporting evidence)
I've had T1D for 40+ years now and my kidneys are perfectly fine (despite a good couple of decades of bad control)

M05

Most certainly not, whilst some may, I suspect the numbers would be very low (though I have no supporting evidence)
I've had T1D for 40+ years now and my kidneys are perfectly fine (despite a good couple of decades of bad control)
That's great that's my worst fear

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's great that's my worst fear
Just make sure you go for all your diabetic clinics (doctors and/or hospital) as they do checks for kidney damage to make sure they do catch anything early.

MarkMunday

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dialysis is the final stage of kidney disease. Blood glucose is the big driver, as the graph shows, of both eye disease (Retinopathy) and kidney disease (Nephropathy).
8022076_orig.png

If you keep HBa1c below 7, you should be fine. Mine has been about 7% (53 mmol/mol) for most of the last 42 years and still no kidney problems. There is minimal backgroungd retinopathy, but it is not getting worse. My target HBa1c is now 42 mmol/mol (6%).