Lantus before bed

carandol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I inject Lantus before I go to bed, which is normally around 11-midnight. Last night I stayed out late visiting friends and didn't get to bed until around 4am. I had my Lantus just before bed as usual. This morning my BS was up to 10 (its usually around 6-7 in the morning), and I'm wondering if I should have had my Lantus around 11.30 as usual, even though I wasn't going to bed, because presumably there were around 4 hours when I didn't have any insulin in me at all.

Any ideas?

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There is a window that allows you to have it within about an hour of the usual time. I would have it at the same time regardless of when you go to bed. You might find you drop low later as it kicks in properly. Also when u inject later before bed as usual you will have an overlap of 4 hours where you will have 2 lots of basal working. so, I would have a snack before bed or if you normally do already a slightly larger snack to make sure you don't hypo tonight. Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
No problem hope you get on ok :)

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Glad to hear your ok :). Looks like your basal caused a drastic drop somewhere in the night.