Latest HbA1c levels

davd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just thought I would post my latest HbA1c blood test results on 25/03/21 and I am well happy
Having been diagnosed 11 months ago with a reading of 90 mmol/mol have had two subsequent readings after 3 and 6 months of 40 mmol/mol I have got latest results of 39 mmol/mol .
The best bit is I have over the last three months I have relaxed my carb intake to see how much it would effect my readings.
Initially I was about 50 carbs a day but now I eat about 80 carbs a day still low carb but not super low .
Before been diagnosed I would drink lattes or coffee at home made with coffee mate whitener which is powdered glucose now I use a little milk and cream, also I don’t drink Port anymore as that was super high in sugar and carbs also very little bread no Rice or pasta .
I can now even have a couple of hash browns with breakfast and it does not spike be BG by more than 0.5 so it looks like potatoes in small portions are ok .
Like some other members on here have said life is too short, so if I can have some but not all of the things I used to eat I am happy

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just thought I would post my latest HbA1c blood test results on 25/03/21 and I am well happy
Having been diagnosed 11 months ago with a reading of 90 mmol/mol have had two subsequent readings after 3 and 6 months of 40 mmol/mol I have got latest results of 39 mmol/mol .
The best bit is I have over the last three months I have relaxed my carb intake to see how much it would effect my readings.
Initially I was about 50 carbs a day but now I eat about 80 carbs a day still low carb but not super low .
Before been diagnosed I would drink lattes or coffee at home made with coffee mate whitener which is powdered glucose now I use a little milk and cream, also I don’t drink Port anymore as that was super high in sugar and carbs also very little bread no Rice or pasta .
I can now even have a couple of hash browns with breakfast and it does not spike be BG by more than 0.5 so it looks like potatoes in small portions are ok .
Like some other members on here have said life is too short, so if I can have some but not all of the things I used to eat I am happy
If only......but very happy for you that you can manage these things and have such great results. It’s incredibly individual and so important we each find our own levels (and to keep checking to make sure we’re maintaining them).

Reactions: HeliGary

kvetiny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
68 mmols hba1c atm. Currently trying to bring it down. Had type 1 for 9 years now.

Reactions: KK123

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful news that is so great. It sounds like you have found the right balance for your body.

Congratulations!

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
@davd well done for the reduction and for finding foods that make you happy and keep you inside sensible limits.