Latest Hba1c

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Feeling a little low Hba1c 46. April Hba1c 43.

Serum cholesterol 5.5
Trigs. 1.7
Serum hdl. 1.45
Non hdl. 4.1
Serum cholesterol/hdl ratio 3.8

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Feeling a little low Hba1c 46. April Hba1c 43.

Serum cholesterol 5.5
Trigs. 1.7
Serum hdl. 1.45
Non hdl. 4.1
Serum cholesterol/hdl ratio 3.8

That's still non diabetic levels. Only 3 points in your previous and current tests and 6 months apart! You are doing so well. My last hba1c in May was 41. But they lost a previous test from the day before. So I had it done again. The missing test turned up! The day before it was 42! It can vary like that in 1 day! If you got tested again it may be down again to 43. Keep your chin up you have done so well.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Jenniewren1958 sorry to hear that you’ve had a higher result and I can imagine that you feel disappointed when you’ve put lots of effort in - important thing too is not to let it get to you.
Keep going and try to keep positive - as @Debandez says it’s not a huge difference and could be one of those things.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
thankyou @Debandez & @shelley262
For your support.
My morning fbg has been up recently, any tips on how to reduce fbg
I find that mine is better if I eat early and also not a huge portion. It’s individual though and some people I gather eat a small late high fat snack but this wouldn’t be good for me.

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I find that mine is better if I eat early and also not a huge portion. It’s individual though and some people I gather eat a small late high fat snack but this wouldn’t be good for me.

I usually eat around 6pm & have a coffee with cream at 8pm
I’m eating around 50g carbs a day

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
thankyou @Debandez & @shelley262
For your support.
My morning fbg has been up recently, any tips on how to reduce fbg
Everyone is different so I can only speak from my personal experience. If I eat after say 7pm (e.g. 2 pieces of 85% choc) and a coffee and cream I find my bloods are higher in the morning than if I don't eat after 7pm. Simple as that. I've just had 2 pieces now and know that will raise them from about 5.2 to 5.6. But I'm trying to maintain my weight too and hadn't eaten enough today.plus my weight was my lowest ever since diagnosis today. Getting the balance is a fine art! Tomorrow with my supper tonight my weight will be up, as will my fbs. I could have had cheese which would have had no impact .....But fancied a bit of choccy!!!

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I usually eat around 6pm & have a coffee with cream at 8pm
I’m eating around 50g carbs a day
Sounds like you’re doing the right things. I eat fewer carbs with a max of 30 per day and usually 20ish. Also not too many in one meal - you could experiment with a lower carb dinner higher fat and see if this helps? Think some of us need to keep carb levels very low others seem to succeed at slightly higher levels of carb. Think maybe a few experiments are one possible way forward. Good luck.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
I'm not looking forward to mine as having been stresseed out last few months my Blood sugar has been between 20-30 with a couple of 6.0\s 8.0's and 9's and 10 and above. So i'm probs going to have a really high HBA1C tommorow.:banghead: