Latest Hba1c

hey guys, after being diagnosed as a type 1 in January and my initial HBA1c of 9.2 i must say i think its going a fair bit better now, after comin back from my last clinic i was very pleased to hear that my last Hba1c was 5.1, so heres hopin this can be maintained,
all the best
Burnsy

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Well done, Burnsy, that's very good!

Viv 8)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
That is superb.

i know when I was first diagnosed T1 (a long time ago!!!) my hba1c was way higher than yours...and I got my first hba1c down to 5.6. I was suffering a huge amount of hypo's though.

If you are getting your levels without hypo's well done......if you are experiencing hypo's you may wish to look at when you get them and try to alleviate them...5.1 is actually better than a non diabetic I believe...so you may well need to just check that your levels aren't running low at times..especially if driving or using anything mechanical or electrical etc..

It is a great result..providing that you aren't going hypo....

chrz 4 the replys guys. Donnellysdogs - i rarely have a hypo now, i have substituted most of my long-lasting insulin for 2 cardiovascular exercise sessions a day (trying to get a 6 pack b4 i go to america with my friends lol) the doctor says if u maintain that its more effective as its often the long lasting that causes the hypos in the first place. My levels tend to stay around 5 before a meal, no higher than 7 after, btw congrats on your own hba1c - 5.6, great

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Aaah, but that was my first hba1c after diagnosis...had too many hypo's and have maintained a higer level since which has given me a better balance..

Superb that you can get this level so quickly and without hypo's and such good readings...well done...what cardiovascular exercises do you do?

i do a 3 mile jog in the morning, before breakfast (usually about 7 am (make sure you have sugar just in case of hypo) and a 4 mile bike ride about 6pm. i Do this 5-6 days a week, on the day i dont i take my full long lasting insulin amount. 3 time a week i also do H.I.I.T (high intensity interval training) this involves 20 seconds full out sprinting, followed by 40 seconds power walk, repeat for 10 mins. (if your not exhausted by the end its not bin done right lol)

farmerpalmer

I think there's a straight trade off, and I stress that this is solely from my own experience. For years I struggled to get mine as low as possible, and I did. The only problems were my almost constant hypos, which eventually caught up with me and lost me my driving licence. My last one was 8.2. Higher than I might like, but ok, and I haven't had a serious hypo for nearly a year. I think it is a very rare person who gets that balance right. Get the hypos right first, then worry about the hba1.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
i do a 3 mile jog in the morning, before breakfast (usually about 7 am (make sure you have sugar just in case of hypo) and a 4 mile bike ride about 6pm. i Do this 5-6 days a week, on the day i dont i take my full long lasting insulin amount. 3 time a week i also do H.I.I.T (high intensity interval training) this involves 20 seconds full out sprinting, followed by 40 seconds power walk, repeat for 10 mins. (if your not exhausted by the end its not bin done right lol)

:shock: :shock: Good God man, what are you, 17 years young and training for the 2012 Olympics? :lol:

If I did those exercises in a month you do in a day, I'm sure I'd be spending more time in hospital than at home.

Well done on your a1c, a fantastic achievement.

Haha ka-mon im18 years young and purely bashing the exercise because im goin 2 Florida on holiday with my m8s soon, we wanting the good 6 packs 4 when we hit the water parks lol. Thnx 4 the replies guys