Latest results - 6 years low carb & everything is positive

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I was concerned last summer as my BG readings were going up, & HbA1c was 6.7 - highest since I went low carb.

Now its 6.45 which agrees with my test meter average - 6.5 (I hate the new HbA1c units 'cos they don't relate to my meter readings. Everything else is both stable & OK, withing NHS guidelines, though Dr is very slightly concerned about my cholesterol (total 5.8 - but it was 7.6 on diagnosis 12 years ago.) He is aware that the NHS are trying to pressure them into putting more people on statins but doesn't agree with that policy.

That's SIX years on low carb, increased fat, with no hints of adverse effects from the diet. In fact all the adverse effects from the NHS/DUK diet have been reversed.

Reactions: 8 people

tonyS54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's SIX years on low carb, increased fat, with no hints of adverse effects from the diet. In fact all the adverse effects from the NHS/DUK diet have been reversed.

Well done Ian you have yet again proved that low carb is sustainable in the long term.:D

Reactions: 2 people

sarah

An hba1c of 6.5 would convert to an average blood glucose of 7.7 m/mol, just for info.

Well done on the low-carbing

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Hi Ian

Glad to hear that your regime is producing good results for you.

Take care

Doug

Type 2 diabetes
Metformin 500mg td
Cholesterol and blood pressure on target with medication.
Also living with Parkinson's Disease.
Happily helping to moderate this great forum.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That's great Ian. What an inspiration to us all.

Smidge