LC recipe for bread maker

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone have a recipe for low carb bread that could be made in a bread maker?
Thank you!

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I made a linseed loaf in mine once also one with spelt flour both were a disaster they were so heavy you could have used them for bricks Bread makers only seem to like wheat flour or other flours mixed with wheat flour
I got rid of the bread maker and now we just eat Burgen linseed and soya bread

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No, but I am listening in. I used to make homemade bread dough in my maker weekly before my diagnosis. Now, my lonely breadmaker just sits there. Sad.

Reactions: 2 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I will make a spelt loaf for Mrs DeeJay from time to time because she likes it. Otherwise, as you say, it languishes in the cupboard.
|Come to think of it I might as well have a bash at making bread properly. It would be ironic if I succeeded.

Reactions: 2 people

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I will make a spelt loaf for Mrs DeeJay from time to time because she likes it. Otherwise, as you say, it languishes in the cupboard.
|Come to think of it I might as well have a bash at making bread properly. It would be ironic if I succeeded.

Hey @DeejayR

If you're keen to try handmade bread you should give this one http://www.food.com/recipe/our-daily-bread-in-a-crock-weekly-make-and-bake-rustic-bread-340621 a go - it's almost embarrassingly easy. I make it using a mixture of white & wholemeal spelt flours & throw in a goodly portion (a heaped half cup at least I guess) of LSA mix. The recipe doesn't require much kneading at all & as spelt doesn't like overkneading it's a perfect match. Spelt apparently has 'weaker glutens' too (it's a sensitive little flour!) so I also add a tablespoon of gluten flour though this may not be entirely necessary. I don't keep the dough around for more than 5 days or so but is does develop a lovely sourdough vibe a few days in. Been making this dough for years now & once you get used to the feel of it you can really start playing around with different flours & add ins - I used to make a lovely white ciabatta with kalamata olives but obviously that ones off the table these days :(

Reactions: 4 people