LCHF being discussed on Vanessa Feltz's show

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Vanessa Feltz is talking about LCHF on her breakfast show on Radio London at the moment. She's getting people from both sides of the fence and it's definitely worth listening to! Hopefully it'll be on iPlayer later.

Maybe this will start the tide turning!

Reactions: 2 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just heard that myself. Thought the caller at around 7:50 was very good at explaining it. I think tide is turning even if I'm still been told to eat a good amount of carbs on my Diabetes course and dietician doesn't approve of LCHF

Reactions: 5 people

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, she was great, wasn't she? I've emailed Vanessa with my views as well, but that woman expresses it much better than I ever could!

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
The Malcolm Gladwell moment is getting ever closer.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Just watched a discussion on ITV good morning at around 8am - 8-15am today. Findings have said that we have been misled for years about low fat diets, and that they are now saying LCHF diets is best for us and we should be eating cheese cream butter eggs etc as in the past we were told these were bad for us. A man also speaking on here is a Type 2 diabetic and has said he has been on the LCHF diet and lost so much weight and feels a whole lot better. Perhaps in time people and doctors and the NHS will understand us now.

Reactions: 3 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Still....feels like the Great Leap Forward....Mau would be proud:).

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No responsibility, no accountability, she can say what she wants without any comeback.
She blustered a bit. Something about people being able to recognise healthy eating when they saw it and just needed help to implement it. I am not aware of any HCP defining healthy eating. The diet sheets I got from my nurse have nothing to do with obesity and diabetes but tell me to eat wholemeal bread etc. One sheet was written by the British Hypertension Society and the other was called, "A diet to lower your cholesterol". I feel comforted by that.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Be nice if Diabetes UK would sit up and listen.

Reactions: 3 people

lindisfel

Expert
I wouldn't want to be a GP with all that wobbling adipose tissue one sees on the channel 5 GP programme. These dieticians should be sacked and retrained as liposuctionists for all the good the do!
D.

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They are looking for input on what their research funding priorities should be for people with type 2 diabetes and have set up a steering committee. I have suggested they fund more research into the benefits of low carb high fat lifestyle.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
They are looking for input on what their research funding priorities should be for people with type 2 diabetes and have set up a steering committee. I have suggested they fund more research into the benefits of low carb high fat lifestyle.