Lchf Lifestyle

Kaity Thorpe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well absolutely loving this LCHF lifestyle. Diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes on 18 January this year and immediately changed to LCHF alongside intermittent fasting 16:8. It’s amazing, since then, I’ve lost 6 stone and although I’ve got about three more stone to go, I KNOW I can do it. HbA1C down from 103 on diagnosis, to 51 in April. Retest end of July, really praying it’s gone down further. My aim is to go into “remission” and be able to come off the metformin ( 500mg twice a day) and sustain it. Blood pressure was sky high on diagnosis, 199/120 at the worst and with diet alone, it’s now in normal range. Cholesterol oddly gone from 5.8 on diagnosis to 5.9. But I’ve heard this can be down to a lifestyle change and temporary.
What’s not to like about LCHF and intermittent fasting? The weight has fallen off and unlike previously when dieting, I’ve not hit a single plateau. I can highly recommend this lifestyle.
Everyone here has been so supportive and encouraging and your advice and kind words, hav helped me along the way ❤️Xxx

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done!! That is a remarkable achievement in such a short time, and that weight loss is unbelievable! Gold medal coming your way. :)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow well done please accept a congratulatory hug and pat on the back from me. You’re doing so amazingly and in such a relatively short time. Pleased you’re enjoying this way of eating as it makes it sustainable I’m still eating that way with a few tweaks as my bmi is 20 almost 19 so need to be careful not to drop more but keep my hbaca1 at 30 at same time and work on my cholesterol the one thing that’s not in line yet! Congratulations take time to celebrate just how well you’ve done and are continuing to do

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!