LCHF Pushes My LDL Cholesterol Way Up

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, big thanks for sharing this link. I followed the diet recommended by Fraziska Spritzler and it looks like it helped. After 2 months on the diet, my LDL dropped to 3.28 from the previous 4.60. Still not within the norm but already a significant improvement. My HDL remained more less constant, at 1.12. Trigs dropped from 0.96 to 0.77 which I suppose is good too.

Sounds similar to the way I decided to go, I need to recheck my levels shortly.

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Really ? What carbs have you found that don't make your BG levels rise ? I'd love to find some. I was under the impression ALL carbs raise BG levels, some more than others and at different rates but I've yet to find any carbs that have no effect ?

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really ? What carbs have you found that don't make your BG levels rise ? I'd love to find some. I was under the impression ALL carbs raise BG levels, some more than others and at different rates but I've yet to find any carbs that have no effect ?

Everyone has a normal range for BG levels.
If you want to get more advice, this forum is very good, maybe you should start a thread asking others what they eat, and you can experiment a bit, rather than us taking this thread off track.
I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised at the responses,
Good luck.

Reactions: 2 people

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Everyone has a normal range for BG levels.
If you want to get more advice, this forum is very good, maybe you should start a thread asking others what they eat, and you can experiment a bit, rather than us taking this thread off track.
I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised at the responses,
Good luck.
I'm well aware we all have normal BG ranges thanks. What I asked was what carbs you eat that have no effect on them ?

Reactions: 4 people

lindisfel

Expert
Having R.H. I check at 1hr post starting eating and limit my carbs to a maximum reading of 8.0 on my meter. This restricts high G.I. carbs a lot, but hopefully my GGT will come back in the black and it prevents my BG going too low at c.2 hours.

If it continues to work it's going to be good because now I can work and walk as long as I like without having an hypo.
Not sure if I am in or out of ketosis but I feel much better for low carbing and eating low GI carbs.
D.

Reactions: 2 people