LCHF Works amazingly well

EliseC65_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I got the type 2 diagnosis at the end of November with hba1c of 79!

Came on here and had a major whinge, but got myself a meter and cut out every carb I could. I’ve lost 11 kilos :). Just got my latest test results back and everything is normal again., according to the gp. Whoop whoop!

I’ve also been walking twice a day to get in about 3-5 miles; out every lunchtime and after work. I’m going to join our local Run like a Girl group to start couch to 5k in April as well. Still taking 1 metformin SR at lunchtime.

I also use the MySugr app to see my hba1c going down.

So happy

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
What a sterling effort, well done and good luck for the Run.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got my latest test results back and everything is normal again., according to the gp. Whoop whoop!

Brilliant! Have you asked for a print out, so you can see for yourself how normal it is? I think that would be wise.

Well done, and that weight loss is tremendous. :)

Reactions: ziggy_w

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's amazing, well done - and you are an inspiration with your walking and running, way to go!
If you know your latest hbA1c - can I ask how close was it to your predicted hbA1c result on mysugr? Asking as I'm using mysugr to track my progress, with my 3month review coming up in a month. I know others have found it reasonably accurate.

Reactions: Dodo and ziggy_w

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done you! Sterling effort on your part!

Reactions: Liam1955

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news very well done indeed. So good to hear of people taking control and succeeding.

ivorgreen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It's great to hear from anyone who has succeeded on LCHF I have been type 2 since July 2000 and have been on LCHF since early last year but my Hba1c is still 73 (UK) and I didn't lose any weight. Two weeks ago my doctor stopped my Metformin
due to the poor state of my kidneys. I have fought against these tablets for 18 years and its finally happened and guess what,
I've lost 8lb.
Ivor

Reactions: SueO246

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's great to hear from anyone who has succeeded on LCHF I have been type 2 since July 2000 and have been on LCHF since early last year but my Hba1c is still 73 (UK) and I didn't lose any weight. Two weeks ago my doctor stopped my Metformin
due to the poor state of my kidneys. I have fought against these tablets for 18 years and its finally happened and guess what,
I've lost 8lb.
Ivor

Wow! That's a bit left field! Have you been put on anything else, or are you flying solo, so to speak?

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations, and keep it up! And maybe spread the word. I had similar results and DN wanted to know how I did it... LCHF and the help from here!

masonap

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celebrity pop stars, football.
That's amazing, well done - and you are an inspiration with your walking and running, way to go!
If you know your latest hbA1c - can I ask how close was it to your predicted hbA1c result on mysugr? Asking as I'm using mysugr to track my progress, with my 3month review coming up in a month. I know others have found it reasonably accurate.

I started using mysugr before christmas, I find it useful to have my readings close at hand (but I prefer the old pen and paper stuff). Anyway the app told me my HbA1c was 5.3% and when I had my real blood test at the Dr's it came back as 5.0% so I was well pleased. If the app is overestimating the HbA1c then that's good (for me).