OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
HI Ian,

I know this thread is quite old but I was wondering if your Trigs came down? I was really panicked at my last official blood test in November and my trigs were up slightly - wondered if it could have been a reaction to stress. I have carried out the Feldman Protocol as a bit of a light hearted experiment, did the test the opposite way to what he said but it did work to an extent. Pity I didn't keep a food diary but I think I lived on cookie dough for 3 days. It was really hard work trying to eat so much particularly towards the end. Wondering if I have the stamina to try it again "proper" as I have a blood test in a few days time. In hindsight did you think it was worth doing?

My recent experience of this made precious little impact on my colesterol levels. I swapped my usual large intake of coffee for tea. - that was challenging and possibly made me fail. I also became used to quaffing a serious amount of double cream. I’ve now shaken the habit but oh my. …. Hey ho … my glucose levels remained pretty much the same and my hba1c. Was exactly what it was last year not that a few days would affect it that much. …. So all in all a bit of a failed experiment

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
HI Ian,

I know this thread is quite old but I was wondering if your Trigs came down? I was really panicked at my last official blood test in November and my trigs were up slightly - wondered if it could have been a reaction to stress. I have carried out the Feldman Protocol as a bit of a light hearted experiment, did the test the opposite way to what he said but it did work to an extent. Pity I didn't keep a food diary but I think I lived on cookie dough for 3 days. It was really hard work trying to eat so much particularly towards the end. Wondering if I have the stamina to try it again "proper" as I have a blood test in a few days time. In hindsight did you think it was worth doing?
Hi, I decided to 'come clean' with my figures and stopped using the Dave Feldman protocol before Blood tests.
Though my GP still advises statins he is now OK with my reasons for not taking them.
My Trigs figures are now great as are my HDL, but the LDL has spiked up (as I feared). However since my main ratios are now better than ever measured, with my GP no longer giving me grief about statins I'm no longer bothered about my LDL and just see the breakdown of the figures as an indication that I have lots of healthy LDL and little or none of the dangerous oxidised or glycated LDL..
Current figures are in my signature below.

Reactions: OrsonKartt