Levels

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
can someone please tell me what the prediabetic levels are? I am a bit confused about the and could do with some clarity.
Thank you
42 to 47 mmol/mol (6.0 to 6.4%) in HbA1c, fasting blood glucose between 5.5 and 7.0 mmol/l or 99 to 126mg/dl . Does that help at all? (I know if someone gave me so many numbers at once it'd be Mandarin to me.)

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
can someone please tell me what the prediabetic levels are? I am a bit confused about the and could do with some clarity.
Thank you
Hi,
I am generalising here since there are a small minority of healthcare professionals who really understand what is going on - and are persecuted for that!
It is a crazy world of medicine, but in meaningful terms, if somebody has 'pre-diabetic' levels of Blood Glucose, then they are diabetic, but the doctors can't be bothered with them because the meds don't work enough to be worthwhile. So they usually fob them off with dangerous dietary advice ('healthy carbs' and '5 a day'). Tell them to exercise more and lose weight.

If somebody has diabetic levels, then in addition the (conventional) doctor may prescribe some meds which can help a bit, or some meds that will mask the problems and make it so very much worse since the dosage will keep increasing as will the Blood Sugar and the damage to veins, arteries etc. Ultimately leading to the possibility of blindness, amputation, Cardio Vascular disease or death.