Liberate - Food Addiction Course / Support

TheSecretCarbAddict

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I attended Public Health Collaboration 2024 a week ago and there was a presentation launching educational / support programme for those struggling with food addiction called Liberate. This is now available to public at 195GBP for eight weekly training sessions each lasting 1.5h as well as ongoing support for a year after completing the course. I don't have any affiliation to the organisers (PHC UK), but I have signed up for the course and support community myself. You can check out the details and sign up on their website: https://liberatetoday.org/ and there is a handy YouTube video explaining what it is all about. For me, the offering is quite powerful as it combines food addiction with low carb thinking I'm using for managing my diabetes.

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for sharing this @TheSecretCarbAddict . I heard about this support programme at the PHC conference last weekend and thought it sounded excellent.
@jpscloud this is what I mentioned to you but think I gave you a more general link.
Sounds excellent - as aware that food addiction can be a major barrier or struggle for those trying to follow a low carb lifestyle to improve their metabolic heath.

• Informative
Reactions: jpscloud

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This does sound very good - the preliminary results are very encouraging aren't they? I'm not in the right place to sign up for this at this time, but it is definitely something I would consider if I want to try a structured program. The cost initially looks expensive but for 8 weeks is good value if it works!

I'm not sure the 3 meals a day without any fasting would suit me, at the moment fasting (with low carb as much as I can and keto when I can) is how I lose or maintain weight, and that is still successful for me.

@TheSecretCarbAddict I hope you'll share your experiences here and really look forward to hearing how it goes for you!