Libre ache

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
This is my fifth or sixth sensor. I applied it this morning, didn't do anything different to previous applications. It hurts. It's sitting there just aching, a bit like a bad tooth. If I move the arm around it gets a little worse, if I'm completely still it almost stops.

Has this happened to anyone else? What do I do? I'm leaning towards leaving it for a few more hours to see if it settles. It's working OK, double checked it with a finger prick test.

May be irrelevant, but I've got whooping cough and am on antibiotics for it.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
This was my experience before purchasing kinesiology tape. Mine hurt on and off for the entire 2 weeks.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know I've had this happen before, it felt funny, made the area feel slightly achy and I could feel it everytime I moved my arm, I waited for a day or so to see if it sorted itself out but when it didn't (and it sorta hurt if I knocked it) I got it replaced.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, @Seacrow , I'm on about my 80th sensor. I've had two where there's been a noticeable pain, but it eased after a few days. As @helensaramay says, likely just the (bad) luck of the draw in inserting near a cluster of nerve endings, but if you can stick it out for another day or two, the nerves might get "used" to it and it may ease.

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
OK, thanks everybody for replying. I'll try and stick it out for another couple of days. The real problem is every time I cough it starts up again - a great time to have whooping cough.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Seacrow ,

I'm another one here that can report the odd twang from time to time. Though not a constant ache.

Hope it eases up for you. & the cough.

Walking Girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I’ve had that happen. When new I removed it -early because I couldn’t take it - had a big bruise. Not sure what happened going in to cause that. Also, once after a hot bath I hit a gusher on insertion, had to rip it right off. Things can happen when you insert a filament into your skin with a needle. Oh well. Hope it feels better for you soon.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Also, once after a hot bath I hit a gusher on insertion, had to rip it right off

Ooh, sorry, WG, I reckon you made a wrong call on that one.

The general consensus is that, "bleeders are good readers"!

Although, to be fair, the science on this is very much n=1, and "I've just spent 50 quid on it, so am not going to ditch it just because it bled it a bit."

Walking Girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh, sorry, WG, I reckon you made a wrong call on that one.

The general consensus is that, "bleeders are good readers"!

Although, to be fair, the science on this is very much n=1, and "I've just spent 50 quid on it, so am not going to ditch it just because it bled it a bit."

LOL. By gushing, I mean filled a washcloth in 20 seconds flat. No way was that sucker gonna stick after that. Apparently, I get more vasodilation than most after a hot bath. Lesson learned.