Libre problems

briangildea

Hi,I tried to scan my sensor and my reader is failing to connect,just saying sensor not detected.Any ideas if it's a faulty sensor or scanner.Any way to find out?

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wait 10 mins if the problem continues contact Abbott, in France they are very good ,I would assume they are good in the UK as well, hope you get it sorted

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Normally if if wont scan and gives a message such as 'try again in 10 mins' and then doesn't work after waiting 10 mins then its a dodgy sensor.
Give Abbott a call and explain, and presuming they do think its a dodgy sensor they will send a replacement - but make sure you keep the old one as they'll want that one sent back to them..

Bill_St

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If it does give the message Wait and retest, then do that until it actually does say Remove and Replace. Sensors often will recover from initial insertion trauma around the filament head.
Failure to detect is something entirely different.
Are you just using an Abbott reader? The phone app can give this problem for a number of reasons. The reader will only give readings from a particular sensor that has been started from that particular reader.
If a reader just does not interact at all to the sensor, try resetting that reader. Make sure it is fully charged, then hold the button down for a full 30 seconds and it will do a soft restart without loosing and data.
One way to possibly detect a faulty reader is if you have an old sensor - does it detect that and say replace?
If none of that works, contact Abbott. It could mean something needs to be replaced but no sure way to tell which. You can start with a phone app but then no reader will work with that sensor.

videoman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, after being on the Libre now for 10 months and in that time I have "no sensor" 3 times. The first one was caused by me knocking thesensor slightly out and the filiment came out and that was the message I got Abbott changed 2 of them as I sent 2 back and they said the glue was too weak?

Mdadds

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I Have been using these sensors for about 2 years, some stick really well then the next one comes off, it’s all a bit of a hassle. I just call Abbott’s and get replacements, just a palaver really but what can we do. We need Abbott to rather put stronger adhesive or produce some sort of plaster to put over or around the sensor.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve used the libre for about 5 months with 3 sensors failing. I’m not impressed with them as I hAve had to pay for them myself as I’m only T2 so doctors won’t put them on my prescription so cost me £96 a month. I will not however be buying any more. I’m not a save the plant bur my god the amount of plastic they use is way too much surely!!!

jackie B21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have used Libre for over a year and had one mechanical failure, were by the trigger mechanism would not fire.Make sure the skin is super clean and use the alcohol wipe, allow the skin to completely dry before attaching the disc.

Stephen Lewis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrites, liars, donald trump (no capitals for emphasis)
I've been using for 6 months and no problems except the reader stopped recognizing tabs for a blood test. Abbott changed the reader immediately. I agree too much plastic but I suspect that that are using the least possible to save money.

Dustydog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have also experienced challenges with scanning however I did contact Libre and they made a note of my issues and suggested I contact them back 2 days later. Same issue, they issued me with a replacement