Libre readings and libre apps

justadad

Hello everyone,

My son started using his libre sensor just two days ago. He started taking antibiotics a day before that. The leaflet that comes along with the antibiotics said that the antibiotics might cause false, increased, urine and blood glucose readings. The libre constantly suggests lower glucose levels than the traditional glucometer, the difference between the two being between 0.5 and 2.5 mmols. Does anyone know if the libre readings are not affected by the antibiotics.

On a different topic... In my country there are no CGMs available on the market, so I bought our libre from Greece. It was already too late when I realised that the libre applications from google store are not available in my country. Now I know there is glimp, which is available here, but I'd rather use the approved applications. My question is, for those who use the libre applications and have traveled abroad, have you been able to use your applications abroad? I am thinking if I make a trip to Greece, just to download the applications there, would they still work when I leave Greece?

Thank you

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
if you google the name of the app with "apk" on the end of it you can find the app to download manually, outwith google play store.....

you will need to go to settings > security > check/select unknown sources to install it..

if the app doesn't have any dependencies on location you should be able to run it fine....

Reactions: Alison Campbell