Libre Sensor

Oscar1996

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Recently had a bad sensor, I called Abbot, and they were super understanding and sent me a new sensor.

However, I never received an email to confirm that they had put in a new order for me? Has anyone else experienced this?

They also said that they would send me a pack to send back the bad sensor in, do I receive any information about what was wrong with the sensor? Do they log this on your account? I'm a bit worried about if I get another sensor that is faulty they might think I'm lying or something.

Thanks all

K

Knikki

I think that is how it works.

Libre are still relatively new technology so they seem to have a fair few fail.

I had one which failed the other week did the same as you, they sent a replacement and a bag in which to send the sensor back.

Not had an email or any other communications from them as yet, to be honest I am not sure what they would tell you.

A couple of people around the forums have had more than one fail and as far as I can tell Abbots have duly replaced them.

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think that is how it works.

Libre are still relatively new technology so they seem to have a fair few fail.

I had one which failed the other week did the same as you, they sent a replacement and a bag in which to send the sensor back.

Not had an email or any other communications from them as yet, to be honest I am not sure what they would tell you.

A couple of people around the forums have had more than one fail and as far as I can tell Abbots have duly replaced them.
I'd have most likely eaten all of what's in your image (with adequate insulin taken). My OH would have had to get his own!

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi
Recently had a bad sensor, I called Abbot, and they were super understanding and sent me a new sensor.

However, I never received an email to confirm that they had put in a new order for me? Has anyone else experienced this?

They also said that they would send me a pack to send back the bad sensor in, do I receive any information about what was wrong with the sensor? Do they log this on your account? I'm a bit worried about if I get another sensor that is faulty they might think I'm lying or something.

Thanks all

I wouldn't worry about it, I've had a few failures now. They never seem concerned when I called to report it and have replaced them without question.

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
It depends on the country. In Australia, I had almost a 40% fail rate (over 11 sensors). They wanted to know all about the failures, but not once did I get a replacement sensor out of them (and they normally failed 4 days in, the records were shortest time to fail less than 1 day and the max time to failure 7 days the rest went the full distance of 14 days). I stopped reporting the failures as I was just giving them free data on a really bad product.

I can thank them though as that started my journey onto a pump and different sort of CGM's. Although these are a little more expensive, if you count the failures, they are much cheaper than the Libre. I think in a few years when they all perfect the technology they will be great, I think they are just a little premature to market.

mitty6678

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi

Thanks all
I never received an email, just a hazard bag to send mine back in. You'll know when they have it because you get a reacement fairly quick. They log it on their system when it arrives so you can call them up and they'll tell you. Hope this helps! :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I never received an email, just a hazard bag to send mine back in. You'll know when they have it because you get a reacement fairly quick. They log it on their system when it arrives so you can call them up and they'll tell you. Hope this helps! :)
I get my replacements with the bag in to send the dud back, usually within days of phoning them. Once I’ve got that, I return the dead one.

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When you post the 'failed' sensor back to Abbott, I suggest you get a 'proof of posting' receipt from the post office. I say this only because I've heard of others subsequently getting letters saying they hadn't received the 'failed' sensor.

I feel it's good practice to get proof of posting and usually do this when sending anything back to wherever ;)

Personally, I've not had a problem with Abbott replacing a failed sensor and, I've recently noticed, that if bought from a local pharmacy, the replacement seems to have arrived more quickly than if bought via Abbott. Of course, this could just be a coincidence but it's always been quicker when they've asked me where I got the sensor from.