Libre sites

debsugs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all

I know this has been asked but I can't find the answers. My libre arrived today, reading 1 out at the moment but sounds like that's normal at the start of the sensor?

Can you put them anywhere else but arm?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can put them anywhere that works for you, but Freestyle only approve them for use on the arm, as shown in the vids and instructions.

So if you have an issue, or a dodgy sensor, and you haven't sited it where the sensor is designed to go, then the warranty will be invalidated.

- at least, that is my understanding. :)
hope that helps.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have never needed another site, so haven't tried it.
A couple of people on here have talked about it, maybe they will come and contribute.

I imagine the biggest downsides would be catching on clothes and ripping off on furniture, depending on the alternative site.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They say you can activate the sensor an hour after putting it on. But the consensus on the looooooong libre thread is that if you leave the sensor on for 24hrs plus before activating it, it will be more accurate from the start. I try and leave them a full 48 hours before activation.

Have a look for the thread - it runs to tens of pages, and there isn't a question you can think of that hasn't been discussed on it. :hilarious:

steve_p6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So if you have an issue, or a dodgy sensor, and you haven't sited it where the sensor is designed to go, then the warranty will be invalidated.
@debsugs but you don't need to tell them that if you do have a problem ;-).
People have tried legs, bums, tums, chest, breast for variety of reasons including accuracy, avoiding accidents, party frocks, holiday tans etc.

debsugs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Been on 12 hours now , it's consistent but consistently 2 below! Will give it till tomorrow ad not improved will call Abbott, but then I've lost a day!