Libre sticking options and swimming

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
registrars asking silly questions
I just had one fall off after 8 days :( and all I had was a shower! I'm going on holiday and will swim every day. Which is better - skin tac, rock tape over or both?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @tigger I used the 3m Tegaderm waterproof plaster for my hols, worked perfectly :)

Reactions: tigger

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good question. Both - or tegaderm.
Do you get a replacement? I have noticed that the glue is nowhere near as good as it was. I am having to stick them down now and have not had to do that with the previous 7.

Reactions: tigger

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Is tegaderm IV 300? If so I have those already. Yes I did get a replacement.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.

Hi tigger this is the large plaster 1626 which has adhesive around the edge, see through and waterproof, it kept my sensor in place despite swimming 4-5 times, showering and skiing, I think you can buy 10 of these off ebay for £5 which is good value.

D

Deleted Account

I was recommended vetwrap. Yeah, I know it is supposed to be for your pets but there is no reason why you can't use it on yourself. It is not super sticky (I think it is designed to stick to itself) so it will not pull of your sensor when you remove it.

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Not sure.... The one I have has 1624 on the package.
When I replaced my sensor I made a really big deal about the glue. I have had real problems with the last three. I mean things once stuck like limpets but they seem to fall off with a breeze now. They actually advised me to use skin tac wipe and put a plaster over it - exposing the hole - which I was incredulous about. They seemed to admit that the glue was no longer any good!

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
H2O rock tape - has survived so far 4 days of swimming in 101F and numerous showers a day. The normal rock tape doesn't cope. Got mine from Amazon

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This is with the sensor that started falling off with normal rock tape so I am hopeful it will see out the next 7 days.

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Right - have ordered h20 rock tape from amazon which should hopefully come in time before I go on holiday, have discovered I've used my last skin tac :( and don't have time to order any more before I go off so am going to try tincture of benzoin instead. Has anyone else tried this?

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sorry no is it something a large boots or Lloyd's might stock even at an inflated price?